lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-23-2019, 11:46 PM   #1
Rat_fink
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 84 pg2 proper oil mixture?

What's the proper oil mixture for my 84 pg2 engine? I just bought it, I do not rely on oil injection, especially this old. I removed the oil injection system, and put a bolt with a crush washer in the intake manifold. The kart had been sitting for several years before I bought it. I've ran about 7-8 gallons of 50:1 gas through it. Yes it smokes, but I know the bearings and cylinder are getting lubricated.
Rat_fink is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-24-2019, 05:35 AM   #2
NYOZ
Getting Wild

Default Re: 84 pg2 proper oil mixture?

Mixture should be 128:1 . If it is a fresh rebuild run 40:1. I run 100:1 as I use it to run around my property and it runs for long periods of time.
NYOZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 10:28 AM   #3
Dabble Inn
Nincompoop Club Member

E-Z-GO

Are you sure it's an 84? My 85 didn't have oil injection, of course someone could have removed it before me but I was assuming they didn't have it till like 87-88ish....

But regardless of that and like said above it's 128:1, That's 1oz oil per 1 gallon gas.....

Let's see some pics of that bad boy

EDIT; Oooops, I see you have two threads going and we have seen a pic..Nevermind
Dabble Inn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 12:25 AM   #4
Rat_fink
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks for the input! According to the serial and model number it is a 1984. I'll change up my oil ratio on the next fill up. What oil are you guys using? I've been running r50 klotz, the same I run in everything 2 stroke I own.
Rat_fink is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO