lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-27-2019, 02:06 PM   #11
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

Default Re: What Year Is My Cart - NO ID TAG

Dabble Inn
What does your reverse lever look like? My 87 is a molded flat plastic. His is metal with a plastic knob.
We know it's not 83, or 87. I'm leaning 84-85 only because I don't know if 82 still had the rear fuel door. It doesn't really matter because all of the engine parts will be the same.
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-28-2019, 10:06 AM   #12
Dabble Inn
Nincompoop Club Member

E-Z-GO

My shifter is the metal shaft with plastic knob, although I've changed the knob to an 8 ball lol. A real 8 ball that is, Drilled it, tapped it, screwed it on........

I've noticed a few minor differences between his compared to mine, I don't have this thing (pic with arrow) and I can't figure out what it is? And either he's missing the rear mount for the starter/gen or it's different than mine, Now I'm leaning towards a bit earlier then mine. Perhaps an 84

If he can't make out the number on the engine tag I'm wondering if that curling up label around the gas cap might happen to give a clue, like maybe a 'printed date' or something else
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190528_083515.jpg (271.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Engine 1 (1)_LI.jpg (327.4 KB, 0 views)
Dabble Inn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 10:18 AM   #13
Taquache
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabble Inn View Post
Wow, Wish your engine tag was in better shape. But here's a pic of mine, notice the 'Motor No' begins with '85'. That's the year of the engine and IF it's the original one it would also make the cart that year too, Maybe you can make out a number there on yours
That part of my badge is definitely toast.
Taquache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 10:19 AM   #14
Taquache
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
My shifter is the metal shaft with plastic knob, although I've changed the knob to an 8 ball lol. A real 8 ball that is, Drilled it, tapped it, screwed it on........

I've noticed a few minor differences between his compared to mine, I don't have this thing (pic with arrow) and I can't figure out what it is? And either he's missing the rear mount for the starter/gen or it's different than mine, Now I'm leaning towards a bit earlier then mine. Perhaps an 84

If he can't make out the number on the engine tag I'm wondering if that curling up label around the gas cap might happen to give a clue, like maybe a 'printed date' or something else

I looked for dates...

And I have reason the believe the thing at the arrow is the back up buzzer or a horn.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Fuel Tank.jpg (42.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-28-2019, 10:41 AM   #15
Dabble Inn
Nincompoop Club Member

E-Z-GO

A horn could be right, looks pretty big for a back-up beeper. I removed mine years ago but my poor memory tells me it was a little bitty thing....

I'm sure you've looked but I gotta ask anyway, There isn't a tag in this area? I don't understand why someone would remove it
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190528_093311.jpg (248.8 KB, 0 views)
Dabble Inn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 12:17 PM   #16
Taquache
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
A horn could be right, looks pretty big for a back-up beeper. I removed mine years ago but my poor memory tells me it was a little bitty thing....

I'm sure you've looked but I gotta ask anyway, There isn't a tag in this area? I don't understand why someone would remove it
There is no tag in that area and it isn't anywhere else on the cart.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO