lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-22-2019, 05:23 PM   #1
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Well I pulled the trigger and bought a 2016 G29 EFI

Been wanting one for a while after driving my G9 but forced myself to wait until I sold one of my other ones. Well I sold one and started looking. Pulled the trigger and bought what is in the subject. I think the colors are sandstone and stone. Windshield looks good and body for the most part is good but already looking at a camo one. Might even get it rhino lined. Did some clean up today and changed the oil. 10w-30 synthetic. Cart was jumpy so backed off the throttle cable tension at the pedal. Did the zip tie to the governor but throttle wasn’t getting to 100% so adjusted the cable from the gov to the throttle body. Hitting about 18 on stock tires. Pull the zip tie tighter or buy the speed spring? Not sure what I am going to do next. May put a bed on it and let it roll or put the rear seat on it. Mainly going to be for me the dog and a cooler. Would like it a little higher but still looking at that also. The possibilities are endless

I will post some pictures later.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-23-2019, 06:48 AM   #2
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Well I pulled the trigger and bought a 2016 G29 EFI

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
Might even get it rhino lined. The possibilities are endless

I will post some pictures later.
Looking forward to seeing the pictures!
I would not recommend Rhino liner, if you are saying that is the specific bed liner you are thinking of using. I have Rhino liner in my truck bed and it sucks. Any of the bed liners I have seen that have the "rubber" feel to them tend to scratch very easily and end up having areas that peel. They are nice for keeping things from sliding around so much in a truck bed, but not a good thing for looking good. Especially if using it as a "paint job". There are different brands out there that don't have the rubber feel. I went with Raptor liner.

The possibilities are endless with these things!
BBBHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 07:29 AM   #3
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Congrats! Now let's see it!
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 10:25 AM   #4
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Here ya go.
Old 06-23-2019, 04:02 PM   #5
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Looks really good, but it looks to me like it has a lot of toe-out (maybe just an illusion).
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 05:24 PM   #6
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Looks great!

Will look even better once you add a lift, wheels, tires, seats, radio, lights, gun rack, dog bed, popcorn machine, and maybe a beer tap (because the popcorn is gonna make you thirsty). You know its gonna happen, why kid yourself and say you'll add a rear seat and call it a day. Cause we all know that ain't gonna happen
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 07:09 PM   #7
cgtech

Yamaha

Oh yeah, I would get a heat gun (or the lady's hair dryer) on those fleet number stickers, they are tacky. Heat gun makes most of the glue go away with the sticker when you peel it, no heat makes the glue stay on the body, doubling the work.
Old 06-30-2019, 03:02 PM   #8
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

CP, not 100% what direction I am going yet. My cart guy was supposed to get back with me about a camouflaged body but haven’t heard from him. Been busy all week so haven’t been able to call him. Also looking at Madjax and Double take bodies. May just throw some sweet lopros on there and put a bed on the back. Stay tuned.

And cg, my luck with a heat gun hasn’t been great. Last cart I tried to take stickers off of ended up losing a couple chunks of paint
Old 07-13-2019, 12:54 PM   #9
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Update: Got the 58 stickers off the sides and still planning for what to do. Am a little confused on what I have. Date of construction is January 2016 and model is YDRAX6F. Drive or Drive 2?

Wanting to order a new drive belt and want to get the correct one. Still thinking about replacing the body and looking at a Rhox poly utility bed. May do a 3 inch lift but don’t want a spindle lift so that limits me obviously. Going to do wheels and tires but nothing big. What size can I get on there without a lift?
Old 07-13-2019, 03:16 PM   #10
cgtech

Yamaha

Definitely not a Drive 2.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha