lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-30-2019, 01:52 PM   #11
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Default Re: G9 engine not charging, am I really supposed to polarize the starter/generator?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
Do NOT buy an aftermarket voltage regulator. They are of horrible quality. I have lost count of how many people I've seen on here alone buy them and have them bad or even dead shorted right out of the box, so they blow the 10A fuse and kill the cart completely!
I agree with this completely but it's easier said than done, unfortunately. Even domestic suppliers tend to only sell the kung pao stuff anymore.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-30-2019, 03:13 PM   #12
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: G9 engine not charging, am I really supposed to polarize the starter/generator?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lochlin View Post
I agree with this completely but it's easier said than done, unfortunately. Even domestic suppliers tend to only sell the kung pao stuff anymore.
I always stick with Partzilla. USe one of the online parts catalogs to find the part number, and 95% of the time, if it's still a current part, Partzilla has it. And it's always OEM they don't sell anything generic or knock off.

Funny thing is, half the time they're cheaper than the fake chinese part from mama woo's garage that you get from Ebay or Amazon.

This should be the OEM regulator. It's been superseded once or twice but it traces back to the JF2-81910-00 part number. https://www.partzilla.com/product/ya...F2-81910-01-00
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 06:02 PM   #13
mikeasis
Gone Wild
Yamaha

A fully charged battery should read 12.66 12.2 is 50% tested with a DVOM (Digital Volt Ohm Meter)

Gotta be a voltage regulator or incorrect wiring.
mikeasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 02:03 PM   #14
Greek Wizard
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lochlin View Post
This is not specifically for golf carts but still generally applies:
Thank you.
Greek Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 05:16 PM   #15
Greek Wizard
Not Yet Wild

I just wanted to update this thread, I have been struggling with this thing for a year now, and FINALLY today, I think I found the solution...

Recap, cloned G9 engine into a G22 was not charging, swapped out S/G, V/R and new battery, checked all the wires, and still no charging.

Ran great for a week with new battery, then died a week or so ago... (new season)

I was done, I was frustrated, I wanted it gone, so got a friend to move it an hour to my house, but thought I would try one more time to solve it...

I knew it was a bad wire somewhere...

I started searching here, and saw Prowlerguy1 help a guy with a similar issue, buit he had a Japaneese model with a switch, I was hopeful, but I kept searching..

Then late last night, I saw this single post from Prowlerguy1 from 5 years ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowlerguy1 View Post
You missed one wire.

See the attached copy of your drawing that I added the wire to.

Regards,
Todd

You have to understand I am not the best at deciphering wiring diagrams, but Prowlerguy1 made it so easy...

This morning I made up a temp wire from the black nut under the solenoid to the R/W wire from the V/R, and tried it, and it's like the skies opened up and sunshine glistened....

The volt meter went from 12.5 and going down (normally), to 12.5 all the way up to 14.0 before we shut it off...

Video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5THblIqPMc

So am I correct in thinking it's finally fixed?

Thank you @Prowlerguy1 (and everyone else)... the sense of relief I am having right now it's pretty strong.
Old 07-03-2020, 01:59 PM   #16
Greek Wizard
Not Yet Wild

Spoke too soon, once I knew it was charging, I ran the new wire through the loom, etc.. now it won't start/run.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha