lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-22-2020, 07:40 AM   #11
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Lift kit question

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoveBolt View Post
On all lifts you move the rear springs to the top of the axle, wheels? they have to be offset, I like 10" for more sidewall and better ride.. tires? I like the more aggressive tread they don't pickup small stones or mud in the tread like the all terrain tires that are hard to clean.

http://www.frontiernet.net/~irishhills/01st350%205.jpg
Thanks StoveBolt.
trig123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-22-2020, 09:00 AM   #12
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by trig123 View Post
Thanks StoveBolt.
you're fast.. before I could edit my post.

BTW.. I always had good luck with GBC Dirt Devil tires.
StoveBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 11:44 AM   #13
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Quote:
you're fast.. before I could edit my post.

BTW.. I always had good luck with GBC Dirt Devil tires.
CP241 taught me how to draw fast
Dirt Devil seem like a winner THANKS
Old 01-23-2020, 12:12 AM   #14
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Quote:
On all lifts you move the rear springs to the top of the axle.. wheels? they have to be offset, I like 10" for more sidewall and better ride.. tires? I like the more aggressive tread that don't pickup small stones or mud packed in the tread, like the all terrain tires that are hard to clean also more aggressive tires ride just fine with low pressure 8 or 10 psi. Don't know how much snow you get there close to Mayberry, but all terrain tires are useless once they are packed with snow or mud.
I am way west of Mayberry so maybe a snow ever five years. I did order the lift kit you mentioned. Thanks for that info. It will be here Friday. I should high by the weekend without lighting up anything lol
Old 01-23-2020, 04:28 AM   #15
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Not sure that would be easy on these later style axles with rack on top of it.
Actually its not that difficult, first one i did, i cut off the top plate and shock mounts from the existing later type axle and welded them onto an ST350 axle and basically made what i assume you have just bought. In those days the axles and spindles from the ST350 were dirt cheap and made it worthwhile as nobody had yet produced a lift kit for the later type axle and steering rack. I like to think the pictures i posted back then inspired the manufacturers to start fabricating them LOL. I dunno if Stovebolt remembers my posts back then, but hey who cares. I just like the thought that i was a pioneer! I also dabbled with some of the original ezgo Big blocks and 3 and 4 link trailing arms/motor mounts. In fact i still have in storage, my first attempt at fitting a Kawasaki mule 620cc watercooled v twin to an ezgo. still runs and drives fine after all these years, so not a bad attempt.

Cant wait to see your finished lift!
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 08:20 AM   #16
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartmaster View Post
Actually its not that difficult, first one i did, i cut off the top plate and shock mounts from the existing later type axle and welded them onto an ST350 axle and basically made what i assume you have just bought. In those days the axles and spindles from the ST350 were dirt cheap and made it worthwhile as nobody had yet produced a lift kit for the later type axle and steering rack. I like to think the pictures i posted back then inspired the manufacturers to start fabricating them LOL. I dunno if Stovebolt remembers my posts back then, but hey who cares. I just like the thought that i was a pioneer! I also dabbled with some of the original ezgo Big blocks and 3 and 4 link trailing arms/motor mounts. In fact i still have in storage, my first attempt at fitting a Kawasaki mule 620cc watercooled v twin to an ezgo. still runs and drives fine after all these years, so not a bad attempt.

Cant wait to see your finished lift!
Missed your posts back then, on my 2000 TXT I had since 02 I just bought a dropped axle (forget where) that had the spring plates welded on top and bottom of the axle, mounted them on top with grade 6 bolts down through the bottom plates and used ST spindles, then flipped the iso-mounts in back and made the blocks for a 6" lift and 24" tires.. I think them ST spindles are over 200 a piece now.

Quote:
I am way west of Mayberry so maybe a snow ever five years. I did order the lift kit you mentioned. Thanks for that info. It will be here Friday. I should high by the weekend without lighting up anything lol
It's a happy day when you get them up off their feet, did you go with the 4 or 5" lift?
Old 01-23-2020, 09:56 AM   #17
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

Quote:
CP241 taught me how to draw fast
Dirt Devil seem like a winner THANKS
Dirt Devils are 6 ply too.
Old 01-23-2020, 11:00 AM   #18
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Missed your posts back then, on my 2000 TXT I had since 02 I just bought a dropped axle (forget where) that had the spring plates welded on top and bottom of the axle, mounted them on top with grade 6 bolts down through the bottom plates and used ST spindles, then flipped the iso-mounts in back and made the blocks for a 6" lift and 24" tires.. I think them ST spindles are over 200 a piece now.

It's a happy day when you get them up off their feet, did you go with the 4 or 5" lift?
I went with the 4 inch. I really didn't know which to choose but that should be good enough , plus your link showed the 4 and I trust your judgement.
I got a new workhorse cowl on the front of this cart and in the process of painting the body. It would just look better lifted. Its looks like a low rider now lol
I got decide on the tires next. I got the springs coming today, the lift kit tomorrow. I will get some pictures here soon. Here is what it looked like last year when I got it. A few updated ones for now. I have done gone too far now to stop so I might as well get it right.
I just sit the body on it for now where I will quit tripping over it lol
I also included the Workhorse I give to my wife last year. It was awful when I got it but after many hours and $$$ I got it the way she likes it . Can't sell that one or I would have to sleep at my shop
Attached Images
File Type: jpg JUNK CART.jpg (170.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg golf cart upates.jpg (187.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0455.jpg (169.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0055[1].jpg (356.3 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by trig123; 01-23-2020 at 11:09 AM.. Reason: add more pictures
Old 01-23-2020, 01:36 PM   #19
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

Look's like you are making good headway, 4" is a good choice, my wife always complains that ours is too high and hard getting on and off,
but she's getting old and fat (don't tell her I said that)
Old 01-23-2020, 06:56 PM   #20
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Look's like you are making good headway, 4" is a good choice, my wife always complains that ours is too high and hard getting on and off,
but she's getting old and fat (don't tell her I said that)
I won't tell
After all these years I have messed with these ezgo's this is the first lift lift I have installed. I just always like stock but after reading and looking here I now like them up there
Here is one more picture of the junk I bought.
I think I got maybe a good steering wheel, rear axle and gas tank. Other than that I got stuck but I am making the best of it.
I didn't pay much for this cart but like cartaround said Free project carts are not free. Same applies for cheap carts unless you just junk them like I almost did this one
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cart i bought.jpg (192.0 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO