lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-06-2020, 09:57 PM   #1
1982Marathon
Not Yet Wild

Default 1982 Marathon lurching after rewiring

Hi all,

i have a '82 EZGO Marathon. about 10 years ago i re-powered to 48V. On a second set of batts. Batts all read about 8.38- 8-40. I had some issues with the coil resistor and the wires attached to the coil caught fire. The second coil had a beak in it as it turned out. i have replaced the entire coil assembly, redid all wires with 4ga, soldered and shrink wrapped everything. all looks good. total battery pack read 50+V.

BUT, the cart lurches forward when the sweeper hits the first speed control knob. i can run at full speed ok, and cart moves well at full speed, but the first ten feet are a problem.

i have the speed cables from the sweeper assembly correct. 4 on top, 1 on bottom.

At the coil i also have 4 on top and 1 on bottom. 1 is attached at the thinner coils and 4 at the thicker coils. Is that correct?

If that isnt my problem, why am i lurching forward. could it be a problem with the sweeper arm? Solenoid?

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thank you,
1982Marathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO