lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-19-2020, 07:19 PM   #1
maxim1157
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default YAMAHA G2 secondary clutch

Hey everyone,
So the other night I was working on mounting a roof top to my cart and after I was done with what I was doing, I decided to start up the cart. It was very hesitant to start as if the battery was weak. I opened up the cover and turned the motor over and noticed that the secondary clutch was wobbling as I tried turning it over. So tonight after work I decided to tear into it and see what was going on. The nut that holds everything tight was jammed up against the cotter pin. After I got it unjammed I took the nut off and then slid the clutch off, forgetting about the preload and parts went array. Cleaned everything off and started inspecting parts, noticed that the washer was mangled up some, the woodruff key was chewed up some, and the shaft had some raised burrs on it from the woodruff key working on it. I lightly filed down the burrs on the shaft and polished up with some emory paper. The question is.. do I get new bushings, seals, etc. and rebuild the old clutch, or spend the money and buy a new assembly? This cart was bought as a project cart and after 2 years+ and a frame up restore with some very little ride time.. I had already replaced the ramp shoes and installed a GBOOST belt. There is some wear on the sliding sheave that was there before.. and I also replaced the factory spring with a black spring (can't remember the brand) but was recommend here from I believe Mike Mac
If I was to replace the secondary clutch, who would you guys recommend? I have already looked at a few different assemblies.. can spend anywhere from $100 bucks to about $270 from Plowman's. Would like to hear opinions from other's .. The cart is going to the campgrounds for a 2nd cart to ride around on, and maybe pull a wagon load of campfire wood every now and then.. Thanks!
maxim1157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-19-2020, 07:43 PM   #2
maxim1157
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: YAMAHA G2 secondary clutch

20200519_194209.jpg

20200519_194040.jpg

20200519_193922.jpg

20200519_193913.jpg

Here are a few pictures of my situation
Old 05-19-2020, 08:21 PM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

What happened to you isnt unheard of. The "lock" part of your locknut is worn out, will have to buy a new nut. Woodruff key looks pretty bad too. Not sure what that "curved washer" thing is, where exactly did it come from in this mix? Doesnt look OEM to me.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 08:39 PM   #4
maxim1157
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I was looking at the nut and it seemed like it was shot.. Yeah woodruff key is toast.. that washer is Washer, Plate
90201-12588-00 the OEM one.. lol

Do I rebuild with new parts or buy new??
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha