lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-13-2020, 03:11 PM   #1
wwwhitaker123
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 1993 EZGO gas Starting Problem

I have a 1993 gas that will not start. My daughter ran through a mud puddle..... yes she did and it stopped instantly. I removed the battery and charged the battery while she cleaned under the seat. I waited several hours with it sitting the sun before connecting the battery. Once battery was reconnected, it still would not start and I noticed the horn did not work. By not starting, I mean the starter does not operate. Usually if the battery is low the horn will work. The horn makes a audible click but nothing else. I changed the solenoid because I recently purchased one and now it clicks rapidly. I checked the battery voltage (13.4) and it appears to be OK. I connected my charger again and put it in repair mode and it seems to be OK. Could there be something else shorted from her mud puddle splashes?
wwwhitaker123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-15-2020, 05:45 AM   #2
wwwhitaker123
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1993 EZGO gas Starting Problem

Took battery to auto parts store to have load tested. It was OK.
Auto parts guy said the solenoid was not getting enough current when it clicks fast.
I went home and started at the battery and pulled the cables from the battery connector and found moisture and corrosion on the positive wire. I cut about 3/4 inch of the cable , stripped and cleaned the battery bracket..... put back together and everything worked perfectly.

Cause: corroded wire at the battery connector
Fix: cut and strip wire & clean battery connector bracket.
wwwhitaker123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 10:59 AM   #3
Dabble Inn
Nincompoop Club Member

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1993 EZGO gas Starting Problem

Good info, Thanks......Glad you got it running again, sometimes it's the simple things
Dabble Inn is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO