lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-29-2020, 11:44 AM   #1
Warsteiner05
Not Yet Wild

Default Admiral MOT-B4 and XCT500 mapping for speed.

I have a 98 TXT DCS with factory gears, Admiral MOT-B4, XCT500, 48V conversion (new trojan batteries), and 0-gauge cables on everything. 22" Tires. My question is to anyone else with knowledge of this combo...

I'm getting 25mph top speed flatland.. but it takes a while to get there... 0-20mph is fine... 20 to 25 takes a little bit. Is this normal? I'm running the program that XCT sent me for my MOT-B4, but I think with some map modification there is more in it!
I'm currently upgrading to the BMF 7" double a arm for 2001.5 and up with the rack and pinion to tighten the front end for safety concerns..

The issue is some of these flatland roads around here are LONG... and a few guys blow right by me while i'm doing 25mph. Without changing gear sets yet... what is my next step to gain a few more mph out of it? It just seems weak from 20 to 25mph. What controller parameters can I monitor to see where adjustments can be made? Besides ALLTRAX, does anyone else do custom motor mapping? I've been told that high speed motors and high speed gears don't mix well.
Warsteiner05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-29-2020, 12:59 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Admiral MOT-B4 and XCT500 mapping for speed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warsteiner05 View Post
I have a 98 TXT DCS with factory gears, Admiral MOT-B4, XCT500, 48V conversion (new trojan batteries), and 0-gauge cables on everything. 22" Tires. My question is to anyone else with knowledge of this combo...

I'm getting 25mph top speed flatland.. but it takes a while to get there... 0-20mph is fine... 20 to 25 takes a little bit. Is this normal? I'm running the program that XCT sent me for my MOT-B4, but I think with some map modification there is more in it!
I'm currently upgrading to the BMF 7" double a arm for 2001.5 and up with the rack and pinion to tighten the front end for safety concerns..

The issue is some of these flatland roads around here are LONG... and a few guys blow right by me while i'm doing 25mph. Without changing gear sets yet... what is my next step to gain a few more mph out of it? It just seems weak from 20 to 25mph. What controller parameters can I monitor to see where adjustments can be made? Besides ALLTRAX, does anyone else do custom motor mapping? I've been told that high speed motors and high speed gears don't mix well.
Which field map do you have loaded? (exactly as seen in the software)
What is the rpm limit set to?
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 01:50 PM   #3
Warsteiner05
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Which field map do you have loaded? (exactly as seen in the software)
What is the rpm limit set to?
I don't have my golf cart here at work to hook up to, but I know for sure the map that is currently loaded into the controller is FieldCurve_RHMOT-B4T-V5.txt because its the only map that I have ever loaded other than the factory unimap.

The RPM limit is set to 6000 IIRC. As this is a DCS cart would it be benificial to install the speed sensor wiring to the controller? As the motor has a speed sensor on it already, just not hooked up.
Old 07-29-2020, 02:09 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

There is another map with the letter S instead of T. aka Speed vs Torque.
See attached. You know the rules; don't try to read or open it as that may corrupt it. Just save to your pc and select when the software prompts you.
The DCS controller cannot monitor or limit rpms it is up to you to do the math and use GPS or a speed app to keep the motor rpms between 6000 and 6200.
Post the results of a side by side comparison.
GPS one map then the other in the same stretch of road. GL
Attached Files
File Type: txt FieldCurve_RHMOT-B4S-V5.txt (880 Bytes, 0 views)
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 02:43 PM   #5
Warsteiner05
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
There is another map with the letter S instead of T. aka Speed vs Torque.
See attached. You know the rules; don't try to read or open it as that may corrupt it. Just save to your pc and select when the software prompts you.
The DCS controller cannot monitor or limit rpms it is up to you to do the math and use GPS or a speed app to keep the motor rpms between 6000 and 6200.
Post the results of a side by side comparison.
GPS one map then the other in the same stretch of road. GL
Thanks Scotty! I actually purchased the controller, solenoid, and various other parts from cartsunlimited! But you've always been a big help whether a person did or did not purchase from you!!!

And yes S and T makes perfect sense... as I can brake torque for a split second and lift the front tires about 5 inches off the ground, but its like you hit a wall at 20mph.

Edit: I forgot to mention I am installing a tachometer tonight set for 4 pulses for revolution.. So i can directly monitor motor rpm.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO