lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-01-2020, 12:18 PM   #21
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: TXT series worked but now wont move either direction

Quote:
Originally Posted by corbox1 View Post
By TPS I am referring to the black position sensor under the floor mat that the metal probe goes into when the pedal is pushed.

Does the F&R switch have any test methods to rule out it being the problem while it is in the cart? I have seen the diagram to test for continuity, but is there a method to be sure that its functioning? I have looked online but haven't found any tests (only visually looking for burn marks). I only ask because my problem first presented itself in the form of reverse not working.
Throttle Position Sensor. Good description, I just haven't heard that term used for EZGO's ITS (Inductive Throttle System) sensor before.

There isn't a good way to test the F/R contacts other than in use since they have to pass several hundred amps and they Ohmmeters we typically have only produce a few milli-amps at the most and are woefully inaccurate when measuring less than about 10Ω or so.

However, a go/no-go check can be done with a voltmeter when F/R is installed in the cart.

If the solenoid has a resistor connected between its large terminals, the voltage between the controller's B- and B+ terminals will be s few volts less than the battery pack voltage.

Leave the negative test lead attached to the controller's B- terminals, shift direction selector to forward and measure the voltage on the four cables attached to the F/R. All four should have the same voltage you get between B- and B+ at the controller. If one or more doesn't have that voltage, there is an open contact. Repeat with direction selector in reverse.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-01-2020, 12:43 PM   #22
corbox1
Not Yet Wild

If the solenoid has a resistor connected between its large terminals, the voltage between the controller's B- and B+ terminals will be s few volts less than the battery pack voltage. Total pack voltage = 31.9V. Solenoid does have a resistor. voltage between controller B- and B+ terminals = 31.7V.

Leave the negative test lead attached to the controller's B- terminals, shift direction selector to forward and measure the voltage on the four cables attached to the F/R. Rear of F&R switch (towards rear of cart) in Forward shift position I get 31.8V on 6 o'clock stud, 1.4V on the other 3. In reverse position, I get 31.8V on 6 o'clock stud, 1.4V at 12 oclock stud and 0V on the other two.[/B][/B] All four should have the same voltage you get between B- and B+ at the controller. If one or more doesn't have that voltage, there is an open contact. Repeat with direction selector in reverse.[/QUOTE]
corbox1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 12:51 PM   #23
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

The 6 o'clock stationary contact is not making contact with the contact on the moveable cam.

See attached highlighted schematic, F/R is in F.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Wiring Diagram - Series- No A2 -Hi-Current traced.JPG (57.9 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO