lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-04-2020, 02:15 AM   #1
Chunksb
Not Yet Wild

Default What is going on, can’t figure it out. Lift

I have 2006 EZGO txt. Putting a 6” factory drop axle lift and working on the front. The racking pinion is making contact with the front shock. Please help! Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg F8A8F68F-F3CD-478D-8500-A6C77CC6DE2A.jpg (16.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg B2C8270C-B122-465B-AB1E-BC639951E289.jpg (17.5 KB, 0 views)
Chunksb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-04-2020, 02:50 AM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: What is going on, can’t figure it out. Lift

Just like every txt with that "aluminum tube", your not experiencing anything that the "totally stock" ones dont have happen. I guess "live with it", or buy a "high dollar lift kit". Sorry for the grim news. That lift kit "just is what it is". Maybe loosen the steering bolts & "shift them just a little" to minimize that.. like I said, even the stock setup is known to sometimes wear into that tube.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 07:00 AM   #3
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Wait I haven't done a TXT lift in a while but I'm almost positive that the spacer closest to that shock is supposed to be shorter than the other two...and in the pic as far as I can see those all all the same size...Is that just my crappy memory speaking? Also looks like the rack is tilted down toward pax side?
camaroluvz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 07:22 AM   #4
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

I see the same. the rack should be level, i seem to recall one spacer needed a nut on top of it but not sure which one. Its been a few years since i did one!

have a shuffle around and see if you can make it level by moving spacers.

EDIT.

try fitting just the two saddle bolts and spacers first, then see what gap you have for the third bolt.. I have a feeling i used to fit a nut and washer to fill the gap, then a locknut on top of the rack mounting point to finish it off. that way it would clear the rack from the shock pin.

GC, i remember the amount of damaged racks when these axles first came out OEM and i am pretty sure this is what i did to correct it. or you could cut the spacer to fit the gap i suppose.
Cartmaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 07:27 AM   #5
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartmaster View Post
I see the same. the rack should be level, i seem to recall one spacer needed a nut on top of it but not sure which one. Its been a few years since i did one!

have a shuffle around and see if you can make it level by moving spacers.
Indeed I found a TXT on my lot and the spacer closest to that shock is half the size of the other two with a nut on top between it and the rack...and the rack is perfectly level...
camaroluvz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 07:36 AM   #6
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Cam, spot on, sometimes the smaller spacer was still too long and thats why i packed washers and a nut instead, to level the rack and take any strain off the rack mounting points. a lot of those that came to me had that third rack mount broken due to stress and damage to the ally tube.
Cartmaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO