lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-13-2020, 05:14 PM   #1
smartjhawk
Not Yet Wild

Default No charge

My cart sounds like its charging. Power bar does not move. 1994, 36v, new batteries. charger goes to 15.
smartjhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-13-2020, 06:19 PM   #2
Cobra,1
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: No charge

Little more info’ what brand charger?
What is pack voltage measured with multimeter before and after charging?
Cart having a problem indicating it’s not charging?
Factory charge meters are not the most reliable means of knowing battery condition.😊
Cobra,1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 10:37 AM   #3
bighanded
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

similar question.

using an old Club Car Accu Power - yeah..probably an antique...came with the used ezgo when I bought it a couple years back.
has always worked well..plug it into the cart..listen for the click, plug into power..gauge goes to the 15ish and works its way down to 0 once the cart is fully charged.

however, recently it is never coming off the high reading on the gauge...as if it can't charge.

however, I pulled cables yesterday ..measuring each battery...all but one are showing full 6+v
one battery has some green sepage on the + post..cleaned it..that battery was reading about 5.6..so it's definitely weak.

2 of the battiers are 2017, the other 4 are 2018

water is good on all.

so I guess the first thing I'll do is buy a replacement battery for the one that showing some trouble...then see if the charger is happy with what it sees and will cycle properly.
is this a correct line of thinking, or is a weak battery not significant enough to cause the charger to act this way... in which case I may be due for a new charger?
bighanded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 11:44 AM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Sounds like the charger is trying to do its job. The ammeter going up tells us "its trying". Also, mixing new batteries with old ones is a bad investment, the older batteries will quickly turn the new one into "one of them". (And many places will not warranty a individual new battery mixed in with old ones, I know I wont) If your batteries are 4+ years old, they are probably all on their way out. A better investment would be going to the local golf cart shop & buying a decent used battery for a lot less money.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 12:40 PM   #5
bighanded
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

appreciate the advice..

yeah, when I bought the cart used/cheap it had 4 2018s and 2 2017s..so I knew at some point the pain would hit the wallet.

our camp trips last year did not include taking the cart and this year it would have, but we have cancelled all of them as the events we were going to have cancelled, so the cart stays home..

that said, it sees use almost literally daily..we have a dozen acres here at the immediate house property...even if it's just a short hop from the back door back to whereI store the camper and the boat...to take things back there, etc

the wife has a trail cam hobby..9 cameras currently posted throughout the property..and she uses the cart to go around and change out SD cards on them weekly..and then she'll hop in it to run up the road to visit with neighbors...

so not any hard use.

being honest, not ignoring your advice, just being honest with my budget.. I'll likely swap out both of those 2017s, keep the healthy one of those with my camper as a spare (I have a pair 6Vs on the travel trailer, rather than a single 12v)

again, many thanks for the reply... Ed
bighanded is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO