lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-23-2020, 05:48 AM   #11
82crawler
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1997 workhorse carb issues

82crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-25-2020, 06:07 PM   #12
82crawler
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Fellas I need some more help. I haven't addressed the above problems yet but now I have a bigger one. My car has developed a battery draw. The only thing I can think of would be the generator. Any ideas ?
Old 10-25-2020, 11:22 PM   #13
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by 82crawler View Post
Fellas I need some more help. I haven't addressed the above problems yet but now I have a bigger one. My car has developed a battery draw. The only thing I can think of would be the generator. Any ideas ?
What volts do you see when using a meter ?
Should be around 14 volts.
You can unplug the greed field wire at voltage regulator and ground the end heading back toward S/G to the frame or good ground. If the V/R is bad it will start putting out around 18 volts.
If that is hard to do then remove the green wire from S/G and take a jumper wire and connect one end to neg battery post and other end to the post on S/G you just removed the wire from.
It is late. Maybe cartmaster will chime in and add to this. I can tell you this for sure that if your battery voltage is low the cart will spit and sputter like a bad carb or coil. Good night
trig123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 02:25 AM   #14
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

When you say battery draw, do you mean it is getting low volts as in maybe not charging?
If so follow Trigs advice for now and let us know what you find.
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 05:38 AM   #15
82crawler
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Sorry for the confusion. It appears to be charging at 13.5 volts. As long as I drive it regular it's fine. If I leave it a couple days the battery will be down to 10.something.

I tested from battery negative to negative cable which gives me a 33.5ma draw with multimeter.
Old 10-26-2020, 07:01 AM   #16
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

You may need to start disconnecting electrical parts to see which is drawing current. Disconnect each item till the draw disappears and you have then found the faulty item. But first, Is the battery top clean and dry? If not. Put your negative probe on the negative terminal and your positive probe on the plastic battery top and see if you get a voltage reading. Yes, I did say the plastic top!. If you get volts on the plastic, make a water and bicarbonate solution and spray it on the battery leave for a few minutes and then rinse it off, dry it and test again. Do this before any other testing. If this does not solve the issue, then get the battery load tested to prove it is still good.
Old 10-26-2020, 07:02 AM   #17
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

[QUOTE=82crawler;1774489]Sorry for the confusion. It appears to be charging at 13.5 volts. As long as I drive it regular it's fine. If I leave it a couple days the battery will be down to 10.something.

I tested from battery negative to negative cable which gives me a 33.5ma draw with multimeter.[/QUO
How old is the battery ? Have you load tested it ?
Old 10-26-2020, 07:06 AM   #18
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Cartmaster, I think you and I were thinking at the same time
I was going to tell him to take a test light for the check.
Remove the neg battery cable. Take the test light and put one end on post and other on cable. If it burns the test light then it is something drawing it down
Old 10-26-2020, 07:45 AM   #19
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

That will do the job too! Trig.
Old 10-26-2020, 12:57 PM   #20
82crawler
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I did the test light draw test to confirm the reading from the multimeter. I will do the test to the plastic on the battery tonight. Battery is a couple years old marine acdelco

Tags
295, carburetor, robin
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO