lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-10-2020, 04:44 PM   #1
Darrinm67
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Neighbors and Cart Tuning Advice

I am tuning up a 1981 G1 Yamaha so I change a part or tweak something then take a ride around the neighborhood to see how it runs. I have been repeating this for some time now and I am getting some strange looks from the neighbors. Anyone have any tips for a good way to explain that this may continue for the foreseeable future and is a normal behavior from people that work on their own Golf Carts?
Darrinm67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-10-2020, 10:28 PM   #2
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: Neighbors and Cart Tuning Advice

I've been doing exactly the same thing as you......for 10 years hahaha

I have visited all my neighbors at one point or another and explained my disease and disorder and addiction. One neighbor actually had me build him a cart. Others have driven my big blocked cart with smiles. One guy across the street rides Harleys, old guy, very cool, he loves my vtwin engine and liked it better when it didn't have a muffler lol.

My recommendation is to wave to them when they see you, make sure you smile. Then next time pull in their driveway and tell them all about it.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 07:16 AM   #3
Darrinm67
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by slonomo View Post
I've been doing exactly the same thing as you......for 10 years hahaha

I have visited all my neighbors at one point or another and explained my disease and disorder and addiction. One neighbor actually had me build him a cart. Others have driven my big blocked cart with smiles. One guy across the street rides Harleys, old guy, very cool, he loves my vtwin engine and liked it better when it didn't have a muffler lol.

My recommendation is to wave to them when they see you, make sure you smile. Then next time pull in their driveway and tell them all about it.
Thanks for the advice. Sounds like you are lucky and have some cool neighbors. I have been waving and smiling. I will need to work on the stopping and talking part. Hopefully, I will become more social in my old age. I do like to talk about golf carts. Right now a buddy is taking the brunt of the talking and pictures. Probably be a good idea to spread that out a bit.
Old 11-11-2020, 11:28 PM   #4
Dabble Inn
Nincompoop Club Member

E-Z-GO

Ahhh Hahaha, I'm so glad to see I'm not the only one.....

Whenever I get the stupid looks with wrinkled up faces and/or hands on their hips with toes a tapping, I simply yell out; TITLEIST!! HAVE YOU SEEN MY TITLEIST?
Dabble Inn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2020, 03:19 PM   #5
Darrinm67
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabble Inn View Post
Ahhh Hahaha, I'm so glad to see I'm not the only one.....

Whenever I get the stupid looks with wrinkled up faces and/or hands on their hips with toes a tapping, I simply yell out; TITLEIST!! HAVE YOU SEEN MY TITLEIST?
I am about 2 miles from the golf course so that would get some funny looks.
Old 11-14-2020, 09:16 PM   #6
G1carter
Not Yet Wild

My neighbors are used to seeing the body raised and my @ss bent over working on it!
G1carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 09:28 AM   #7
DonH57
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Our neighbors don't generally pay attention. We are a golf cart community so golf carts are like Florida cockroaches. All over the place!
DonH57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 01:50 PM   #8
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Lol yup! People around here don't seem to have a problem with carts as the farm people drive anything down the roads. However I used to trail ride a lot and people were so much more friendly to carts than atv, I could get away with near anything, but we were careful and didn't tear anything up or make a lot of noise. I'd say don't make a lot of noise at late hours, be safe looking around them/etc, most people are pretty cool with GC to start with unless you are up on two wheels or something.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 10:41 AM   #9
Darrinm67
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by sho305 View Post
Lol yup! People around here don't seem to have a problem with carts as the farm people drive anything down the roads. However I used to trail ride a lot and people were so much more friendly to carts than atv, I could get away with near anything, but we were careful and didn't tear anything up or make a lot of noise. I'd say don't make a lot of noise at late hours, be safe looking around them/etc, most people are pretty cool with GC to start with unless you are up on two wheels or something.
I am not on two wheels but I am sometimes stretching the 15mph speed limit for some of my governor adjustment testing runs. Now that I see it can go 19mph, I need to adjust the governor back to 15mph so I don’t make anyone angry.
Old 11-20-2020, 08:42 PM   #10
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrinm67 View Post
I am not on two wheels but I am sometimes stretching the 15mph speed limit for some of my governor adjustment testing runs. Now that I see it can go 19mph, I need to adjust the governor back to 15mph so I don’t make anyone angry.
15 mph I reach 15 mph before I hit the end of the driveway My cruise speed to my neighbor friends 1/2 mile down the road.....32 mph, nice and easy.... The exhaust is humming at that point. When I get there and park....all I hear is "tink, tink, tink, tink" from the exhaust pipe cooling off
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha