lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-08-2021, 11:45 AM   #21
JPonLKN
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Robbin engine won't start

You will need the male connector for the ignitor and pigtail each of the wires, or just buy a MCI wiring harness. It is a 6 pin connector. Might be able to buy one online, but I wouldn't have the foggiest idea how to locate one. Your best bet is to find a cart junk yard and cut one off a junk machine.

Worst case scenario, you can buy small spade connectors and wire directly to the pins on the ignitor. Might even be the easiest option. You just need to know which pin goes where, and I happen to know someone with a MCI machine that can get you a photo of the wiring harness.
JPonLKN is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-08-2021, 11:49 AM   #22
Badazzharley
Not Yet Wild

Wow that would be great
Badazzharley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 12:05 PM   #23
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

They make a connector where you just plug yours in. I have converted a few over. You need the MCI coil also and those wires are in a kit.

I can tell you the MCI coils will work on the Pre Mci engine but not sure about the other way. The MCI coils are supposed to be hotter .

Maybe someone has a good used MCI ignitor and coil. You can call an ezgo dealer and they can tell you what wiring you need. If you don't find a dealer that knows I can give you a number of a person who knows.

Muffler on MCI is larger inside. Part of the upgrade in 2004
Google country cat. They are a dealer
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 02:31 PM   #24
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by trig123 View Post
They make a connector where you just plug yours in. I have converted a few over. You need the MCI coil also and those wires are in a kit.

I can tell you the MCI coils will work on the Pre Mci engine but not sure about the other way. The MCI coils are supposed to be hotter .

Maybe someone has a good used MCI ignitor and coil. You can call an ezgo dealer and they can tell you what wiring you need. If you don't find a dealer that knows I can give you a number of a person who knows.

Muffler on MCI is larger inside. Part of the upgrade in 2004
Google country cat. They are a dealer
I have used a pre-mci coil on a mci motor with no problems also. I had to modify the bracket slightly so the wires reached the plugs, but it worked without issue. The mci coil mounts straight up and down and the pre mci mounts at a slight angle (or the other way around, I don’t remember now) but with a little tweak it worked great.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 04:21 PM   #25
Badazzharley
Not Yet Wild

OMG! I'm so stupid. I bought the new motor a couple months ago and just now had the time to install it. I had forgotten that the guy I bought it from told me that if I was installing it in an older cart I would need to change out the igniter and he gave me the MCI igniter with the wiring pigtail. So now all I need is a wiring diagram or somebody that can tell which wires on the igniter splice into the old harness on the cart. Here is a picture of what I have to work with.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6370.jpg (117.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-08-2021, 04:44 PM   #26
JPonLKN
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Well that would be a brain fart, now wouldn't it. That looks like what you need.
wiring diagram.jpg

Ignitor wiring.PNG

Solenoid diagram.PNG

Wiring picture.PNG
Maybe these will keep you busy.
Old 03-08-2021, 05:29 PM   #27
Badazzharley
Not Yet Wild

Great! Time to put on my reading glasses and get to work. Thank you so much for the diagrams. I let you know how it turns out. Hopefully it will be going putt putt soon.
Old 03-11-2021, 06:46 PM   #28
Badazzharley
Not Yet Wild

Ok I spliced the mci ingniter into my old wiring harness, plugged it all together and IT RUNS!! Thank you to everyone that helped and gave me the answers I needed. Just for future reference to somebody reading this thread for the same issue: All you need is an mci igniter. The pre mci coil works fine. Here is a picture of my modified mci igniter. Thanks again to all.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6378.jpg (250.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-11-2021, 07:00 PM   #29
JPonLKN
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Glad you were able to get it working...Good on the guy that sold you the motor to make sure you got the MCI ignitor with the motor.
Old 03-11-2021, 07:25 PM   #30
Badazzharley
Not Yet Wild

Well I guess I spoke to soon. Yes it starts and runs but it has no power at all. Will creep along at 2 mph. I know one of you mentioned the carb may not work as the mci ones are smaller. Do you think this may be the issue?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO