lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-25-2011, 05:50 PM   #91
BEARCATJER
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Desulfating batteries with epsom salt

turboaz2...I found one of the 48 v onboard desulfanators for about $90. Do you know how these are installed on a cart? Could i do it myself?
BEARCATJER is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-25-2011, 06:15 PM   #92
turboaz2
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEARCATJER View Post
turboaz2...I found one of the 48 v onboard desulfanators for about $90. Do you know how these are installed on a cart? Could i do it myself?
Amazon.com: Pulsetech Powerpulse 48 Volt 735x048 Pp-48-l: Electronics Amazon.com: Pulsetech Powerpulse 48 Volt 735x048 Pp-48-l: Electronics

http://www.navstore.com/detail.aspx?ID=1902

These work well. As do many others. It's easy to install.

You just connect it to the ends of the battery pack.

So, based on the diagram above it would attach to 1 +(positive) and 4 -(Negative)
turboaz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 08:17 PM   #93
BEARCATJER
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

ok. thanks. i can easily see the return on investment in adding one of these to a cart.
Old 01-26-2011, 05:48 PM   #94
BEARCATJER
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Well, for what it's worth I took my cart out this morning for a test ride and it looks like the weak battery i replaced with the other used one was at least my main problem because my cart is now going at it's "normal" speed, not as slow as it had gotten to be. So Im keeping my fingers crossed and will be watching my batteries, testing etc like a hawk hoping they last a few more months or maybe till end of year.

I would have been lost without the help i received from this forum.Thanks to everyone who gave me good advice. I really appreciate it!!
Old 01-26-2011, 11:22 PM   #95
Gale Hawkins
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEARCATJER View Post
My battery charger is a Schumacher model WM-1200A which i have used for many years to charge my boat batteries. I looked it up on the internet and it apparently DOES NOT have a defulsate mode. This afternoon i removed my one weak battery and installed the used one my CC dealer gave me .It took a full charge from my charger above in about 1 1/2 hours and tested much higher on my hot load tester than the battery i had removed....so..my cart is now on the CC charger and tomorrow i will try it out to see if the "new" battery helped or not...and go from there. I'm sort of optimistic at this point. I will definitely be looking for a replacement charger which has the desulfate mode .

thanks for your help.
While the BatteryMINDer somes with a version that automatically keeps stored bateries charged it is NOT a REPLACEMENT charger a charger you can use but is a charger that will keep hot batteries hot AFTER you current charger gets them that way.
Gale Hawkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 01:33 PM   #96
Grunewald
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboaz2 View Post
Amazon.com: Pulsetech Powerpulse 48 Volt 735x048 Pp-48-l: Electronics

http://www.navstore.com/detail.aspx?ID=1902

These work well. As do many others. It's easy to install.

You just connect it to the ends of the battery pack.

So, based on the diagram above it would attach to 1 +(positive) and 4 -(Negative)
What is your experience with the batteryminder 48v. on a 8 battery 6v ea. setup. Talked to Batteryminder a while back, they recommended 2 of the 24v. Really don't want to buy 2 if it will work buying just 1. Whoops, speaking of the onboard desulfators. Thanks
Grunewald is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts