lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-18-2009, 10:07 PM   #21
gaston
Gone Wild

Default Re: 12v batt question

There ya go, well said PG!
gaston is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-19-2009, 10:05 AM   #22
jauguston
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

If the OP can get 1.5 to 2 hours run time out of three of these batteries now what is wrong with putting the second set in there??? If they die some time in the future he is not out anything the batteries were free. I don't get it.

Jim
jauguston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 10:33 AM   #23
roady89
nimda
Club Car

He can't charge them. AGM's require a special charger. That may be the reason the charger didn't come on in the first place. No one said they wouldn't "work"....how long is a different story.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 10:39 AM   #24
jauguston
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

There must be more to the story then because he posted he got 1.5 to 2 hours of run time out of the three batteries. Inless that was with the charge they had in them when they were given to him he must be charging some way. Comanche9 what is the rest of the story?

Jim
Old 08-19-2009, 10:43 AM   #25
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by comanche9 View Post
the 3 are wired as in the diagram. may not have the voltage as stated. i got about 1.5 to 2 hours out of just the 3 batts, so would my run time bouble with the 6? Also i had a guy telling me the 6 12v run in a 36v configuration would burn up the motor, you guys seem to know more than me and him both, whats the take on that?

Like many others, this guy doesn't know what he's talking about. The motor doesn't care where 36VDC comes from or how many batts there are to get 36 volts or configuration to get 36 volts.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 03:59 PM   #26
comanche9
Not Yet Wild

when i charge them i have to charge each one individualy with a regular 12v charger, hooked up the 36v cart charger and nothing. if i have to keep charging each individual one ( have 2 12 v charger so two at a time) i will, but if i could charge them all at once would be nice. All im gonna use the cart for is hunting on grandads farm. he only has 400 acres so its not to far a haul to were i hunt. I might use it to ride around a little but not much. next weekend im gonna try and run 3 12v (parallel) packs and see how it works out. Am i right with the 3 packs combined having 837 Ah?
comanche9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 04:03 PM   #27
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

You have recieved $1,000.00's of helpful information, yet your mind is made up on using what you have. I think this thread is dead...

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 04:24 PM   #28
gaston
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by comanche9 View Post
Am i right with the 3 packs combined having 837 Ah?
Nope you're not, AH was informed in a previous post (186ah) you don't add AH when batteries are in SERIES, only in parallel.

Perhaps your 36v charger is not working, anyway, YOUR CHARGER IS NOT DESIGNED FOR AGM BATTERIES.
Here's my advice: come back to the beginning of the thread, and read all the thing between lines, you need to understand some basic concepts right here.
Those batteries if in good shape can be sold and pay for the right battery pack, unless you want to buy a new charger 350+ around. Good luck!
gaston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 05:44 PM   #29
jauguston
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

His charger if it was operating properly SHOULD charge the AGM's. The charge rates can be much higher with a AGM but the voltage charge targets are slightly different. AGM batteries will tolerate higher charge and discharge rates than flooded lead-acid batteries.

I am a RV'er and many RV'ers choose to use AGM batteries for their house batteries. The converter (charger) for AGM's needs to have slightly different charge rate programming but the standard converter for flooded lead-acid batteries will charge them.

The biggest down side of AGM batteries especially Optima brand is the energy density is about 70% of a flooded lead-acid battery. The big advantage is they are very tough and survive in harsh high vibration environments. Great for off-roading.

Jim
Old 08-19-2009, 06:35 PM   #30
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesmotortoys View Post
You have recieved $1,000.00's of helpful information, yet your mind is made up on using what you have. I think this thread is dead...

I concur! The answers to the OP's question has been so clear Ray Charles could see it. I think the decision to use them was made before the ???? was 1st posted.
Keep us updated on your outcome with the batteries.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO