lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-17-2009, 07:26 PM   #1
ejt60-1
Not Yet Wild

Default fwd/rev shifter

i have an ez-go 70 that set up for about six months and the batteries went dead. i got it out cleaned all the cables added water to the batteries and charged them.it was working fine before it was parked but now when i shift either to fwd or rev it starts to creep off and i get a buzzing sound constant. if i excelerate it will go but if i stop and take my foot off the break it will creep.thank you for any help.
ejt60-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-17-2009, 07:30 PM   #2
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: fwd/rev shifter

Solenoid is stuck on. There must be a broken microswitch somewhere

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 02:44 PM   #3
ejt60-1
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesmotortoys View Post
Solenoid is stuck on. There must be a broken microswitch somewhere
thaks but the micro switches check out what is the next step the selonide? i am just a starter on carts and wish to learn all i can.
Old 08-18-2009, 02:53 PM   #4
dougmcp
Gone Wild

Does the solenoid click when you turn on the key or when you push the throttle? If it clicks when you turn on the key, the throttle isn't releasing. If it clicks when you press on the throttle, the solenoid is hung up, rap it with something to see if releases. If that's the problem, replace it.
dougmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 12:11 PM   #5
ejt60-1
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougmcp View Post
Does the solenoid click when you turn on the key or when you push the throttle? If it clicks when you turn on the key, the throttle isn't releasing. If it clicks when you press on the throttle, the solenoid is hung up, rap it with something to see if releases. If that's the problem, replace it.
the solenoid seems to be ok but did discover that the buzzing is coming from a little black plastic box about 1/4" thk by 2 1/2" sq. it has two wires going to it that are blk
Old 08-22-2009, 06:29 AM   #6
ejt60-1
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejt60-1 View Post
the solenoid seems to be ok but did discover that the buzzing is coming from a little black plastic box about 1/4" thk by 2 1/2" sq. it has two wires going to it that are blk
ps, what is this and what is it for
Old 08-22-2009, 10:02 AM   #7
jauguston
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Sounds like the black plastic box with the two wires is the reverse alarm buzzer.

Jim
jauguston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 02:49 PM   #8
ejt60-1
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by jauguston View Post
Sounds like the black plastic box with the two wires is the reverse alarm buzzer.

Jim
thanks, that is what it is but it buzzies in fwd or rev looks like it is wired correct by the digram.the ignition switch is good by the test meter but every thing works with it on or off.the guy that had it before me said he had replace some wires so must have crossed them some where.any ideas on what to do, the wiring digram i have isnt too good. can't read some of it.
Old 08-22-2009, 03:17 PM   #9
jauguston
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

One of the little black wires should go to battery neg someplace and the other one to a microswitch that goes closed when you shift into reverse. That micro switch will be on the back of the F-R controller. The other connection on the micro switch goes to battery pos.

Jim
jauguston is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO