lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-01-2009, 07:20 PM   #21
dougmcp
Gone Wild

Default Re: scored some nice cables...and a battery question

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheapjeep2 View Post
I just went to that site, for 10 lugs you're paying 14.85 with shipping that's a 1.48 per lug.

The site I posted, charges no shipping to anywhere in the US, so a 1.13 is by far the best price and when you can get them in the standard 5/16 lug it's a win win.
Actually the hole size from Welding Supply is an RCH larger:
5/16" = 20/64", these are 21/64" which is .01" larger.
Not enough to make a difference to me.
You're quite right that they are cheaper if you order 10 lugs, shipping is about $9.
For me it would be impractical to order 10 lugs for a project, for a 4ga cart conversion you need about 20' of cable and 20 lugs.

If you ordered 20 lugs from Welding Supply the cost would be $20.75 including freight.
If you ordered 20 lugs from Genuinedealz the cost would be $22.60 with free freight.

If you increased the Welding Supply order to 20 lugs and 20' of 4ga welding cable at $.83/ft, the total is $40.83 including freight.
If you increased the Genuinedealz order to 20 lugs and 20' of 4ga cable at $1.55/ft, the total is $53.60 with free freight.

Seems to me that the more you buy from Genuinedealz the more the free freight costs.

Nothing in this world is free; there are good deals, but nothing's free, including freight.

Either way, not a bad price to do a 4ga conversion to your cart.
dougmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-01-2009, 08:34 PM   #22
cheapjeep2
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougmcp View Post
Actually the hole size from Welding Supply is an RCH larger:
5/16" = 20/64", these are 21/64" which is .01" larger.
Not enough to make a difference to me.
You're quite right that they are cheaper if you order 10 lugs, shipping is about $9.
For me it would be impractical to order 10 lugs for a project, for a 4ga cart conversion you need about 20' of cable and 20 lugs.

If you ordered 20 lugs from Welding Supply the cost would be $20.75 including freight.
If you ordered 20 lugs from Genuinedealz the cost would be $22.60 with free freight.

If you increased the Welding Supply order to 20 lugs and 20' of 4ga welding cable at $.83/ft, the total is $40.83 including freight.
If you increased the Genuinedealz order to 20 lugs and 20' of 4ga cable at $1.55/ft, the total is $53.60 with free freight.

Seems to me that the more you buy from Genuinedealz the more the free freight costs.

Nothing in this world is free; there are good deals, but nothing's free, including freight.

Either way, not a bad price to do a 4ga conversion to your cart.
I'm sold, thanks for the link.
cheapjeep2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 08:44 PM   #23
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

I used both outfits for my recent CC recable effort. Cable and lugs from Welding supply, special lugs (F/R pivots) and shrink from Genuinedealz. The funny part was the Welding supply order was shipped from a town 15 miles from my house. I could swing past there on the way home from work. Next order, I will.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 11:06 AM   #24
SpoiledRotten
Conservatively Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Darn, that tune is stickin in me head and I can't name it... you may be wrong...
No harm in too big except it is a waste and connectors hard to find? Some guys use #2 welding but it is only needed for extreme builds.... Remember they are only gonna last one set of batteries and the you'll be makin them again!
Learning something else. So when you change your batteries, you always change the cables? So they just wear out? Get corroded?
SpoiledRotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 11:16 AM   #25
SpoiledRotten
Conservatively Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
.....SNIP....
.....SNIP.....
Old 09-02-2009, 11:29 AM   #26
dougmcp
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoiledRotten View Post
Learning something else. So when you change your batteries, you always change the cables? So they just wear out? Get corroded?
Cables don't really wear out, but they can suffer from age through corrosion.
Batteries are so expensive and you only buy them every 5-6 years, another $40 for new cables is cheap insurance and guarantees that you will have good performance.
Not exactly the same but kinda like putting new valve stems in when you get new tires.
dougmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 11:51 AM   #27
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Not exactly the same but kinda like putting new valve stems in when you get new tires.
Unless they try and sell ya digital valve stems. Them suckers are pricey!
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 12:13 PM   #28
ezgo-mo
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I used 2/0 welding cable for my ezgo, had extra from battery installs at work along with extra connectors. Make sure to seal the ends--I used heat shrink. It does get tight going to the controller and f/r switch. I also changed all wires to motor also. Mine is 36v. Made a good difference in response and performance. Also added a 12v ups battery for all accessories. Put it next to battery pack on drivers side, got rid of charger connector to make room. Installed 36 v and 12 v charger under back seat hardwired everything so I just have to pull one cord out to charge everything. Hurt my back- but I will try to post some pics this weekend. The 2/0 does bend easy just watch for clearence on connectors.
ezgo-mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 12:33 PM   #29
Redrum323
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

The song you're thinking about is "You May Be Right." - Billy Joel. "Friday night I crashed your party,
Saturday I said I'm sorry" Hope it gets out of your head LOL
Redrum323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 12:56 PM   #30
SpoiledRotten
Conservatively Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Cables don't really wear out, but they can suffer from age through corrosion.
Batteries are so expensive and you only buy them every 5-6 years, another $40 for new cables is cheap insurance and guarantees that you will have good performance.
I was wondering because my parents just bought some new batteries less than a year ago and my mom complains that the power is not good enough. I can almost guarantee they didn't buy new cables. Might be her problem. I'll have to ask them this weekend. Thanks.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO