lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-11-2014, 09:18 PM   #11
branson
Not here yet

E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZGO ST 4x4 questions

woodyking you have earned my respect replying to a five year old poast with only 20 poasts yourself.
branson is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-12-2014, 05:25 AM   #12
woodyking
Not Yet Wild

Great! I know it took me awhile to figure it out, but adding that washer totally cured mine too. One of the few things I've totally come up with on my own!! Glad it has helped someone else also.

I will recommend the stronger springs for the drive and driven clutches also, for anyone wanting more torque. What a difference they made! Our little 2006 basic cart would just sit in the sand and squeal the belt. Now it goes though like it is not even there. I put on the shortest possible belt first, that helped some, but the spring kits were the ticket. It lets the engine get up a little rpm before the clutch engages, and the one in the driven clutch holds it in a lower ratio longer. Together, they made it a powerful deep sand machine!!!

Last edited by woodyking; 07-12-2014 at 05:29 AM.. Reason: Added recommendation
woodyking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 10:06 AM   #13
gemmechanic
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

A previous post mentioned changing all the gearboxes to synthetic gear oil. I have discovered that the transfer case actually uses universal tractor fluid and not gear oil.

Daniel
gemmechanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 05:05 PM   #14
ezgohunter68
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Just added the washer to my 2005 4x4 and it worked great! It used to snap my neck and now it engages nice and easy right off idle. I added the washer between the centering bushing and the shaft so it pushes the clutch in when tightened. It's a 3/4" inside diameter washer and about 1/8" thick. Great advice again guys!
ezgohunter68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 01:57 PM   #15
Piddler
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezgohunter68 View Post
Just added the washer to my 2005 4x4 and it worked great! It used to snap my neck and now it engages nice and easy right off idle. I added the washer between the centering bushing and the shaft so it pushes the clutch in when tightened. It's a 3/4" inside diameter washer and about 1/8" thick. Great advice again guys!
ezgohunter68
I wish to thank you for your clarity in describing the size of the washer. I have 2 of these St 4x4 and need to do this to both. Again thank you and Woodyking for answering this post.
Piddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 04:36 PM   #16
Jbennett5
Not Yet Wild

Hello Woody and WW.
I have the same problem. I have removed the center bolt and am trying to figure out what size washer to get. According to your post above, you said it needs to be able to go over center shaft. I am not the best mechanic so if this is a dumb question sorry. How do you buy a washer big enough to go over shaft and still be able to catch on to the center bolt?

Thanks
Jonathan
Jbennett5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 05:48 AM   #17
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

This is a relatively old thread, but have you tried disassembling the drive clutch to look at its interior components? There are arms with weights on them that move when the rpms increase causing the clutch to close. If there is a problem with them, it will not close smoothly. This pic is similar to what you will find in there:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg drivecltch.JPG (43.0 KB, 0 views)
sccowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 08:53 PM   #18
Jbennett5
Not Yet Wild

Hello. Question for you guys. I need to replace the ignition coil pack for my EZGO ST 4x4. Does anyone know the part number. It is of course the Honda engine.

Thanks
Jonathan
Jbennett5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 08:13 PM   #19
xfbiagent
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodyking View Post
Great! I know it took me awhile to figure it out, but adding that washer totally cured mine too. One of the few things I've totally come up with on my own!! Glad it has helped someone else also.

I will recommend the stronger springs for the drive and driven clutches also, for anyone wanting more torque. What a difference they made! Our little 2006 basic cart would just sit in the sand and squeal the belt. Now it goes though like it is not even there. I put on the shortest possible belt first, that helped some, but the spring kits were the ticket. It lets the engine get up a little rpm before the clutch engages, and the one in the driven clutch holds it in a lower ratio longer. Together, they made it a powerful deep sand machine!!!
where would one find the stronger springs you mentioned?
xfbiagent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 04:50 AM   #20
woodyking
Not Yet Wild

I don't remember, but you can find them at places like "Carts r Us", Everything Carts, etc. It was about $100 for both, IIRC. You will love the improvement in pulling power! Google Ezgo Parts, you will find several aftermarket suppliers.

Woody
woodyking is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO