lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-02-2010, 04:56 PM   #1
jspec
Not Yet Wild

Default Picking up a 1991 Ez-go Gas 4stoke any advice?

I am going to look at a 1991 EZgo gas 4stroke tommorow. The motor is out and tore down. He said it broke a rod and he got a sled motor for it which is included. Any advice on what to look for or anything? He said he thinks its a 295cc motor so I figured rods are cheap and it should be an easy fix.
jspec is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-03-2010, 08:02 PM   #2
thewskrs
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Picking up a 1991 Ez-go Gas 4stoke any advice?

jspec,
Had the same thing come up. bought a '97 with a 295 and had a broke rod. I bought a 16hp duromax from maxtool.com on ebay for $359 shipped to my door. Only $399 on his site. Arrived in 4 days. Motor runs great and is as cheap as fixing the 295 and almost twice the hp. It will take a little fabbing to make a motor mount plate. HAs it's own charging system so you can remove the stock unit. If the price is right on the cart jump on it!
Have fun!
thewskrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 09:13 PM   #3
carguymn
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Picking up a 1991 Ez-go Gas 4stoke any advice?

I have a 1992 4 stroke Marathon that the engine is weak. Was looking at the big block upgrade (duromax) because it is about the same or cheaper than rebuilding the stock engine and twice the power.

Does the stock clutch fit this engine? I know that i will probably need a longer drive belt.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
carguymn is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO