lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-18-2010, 08:53 PM   #1
Billfo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default LED Lights suggestions

Looking for suggestions for led lights on 2005 TXT gas.

To install led lights that come on ONLY when the key is in the run position, where is a good place (in the engine compartment) to connect the wires..

Thanks for your ideas..
Billfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-19-2010, 11:18 AM   #2
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: LED Lights suggestions

because they draw so little amperage (the 30cm strips I bought draw about 8w each), I just hooked mine up on a toggle that is fed right off the keyswitch (although you could easily eliminate the toggle and just go right to the switch just as easily). Also, just to clean things up I bought an inexpensive covered terminal block (same style shown in photo #1 with the cover removed) - helps keep water and gunk out of the connections and also gives me an easy "power tap" to run my other low-draw accessories off of ...

Oh - since these pics I have added 2 48cm strips along the frame rails, the whole project with the LED's and terminal block, switch, etc was well under $20 and really makes the cart look nice at night :)

BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 11:24 AM   #3
Timdelta
Getting Wild

Tomberlin

How about LED headlights? Anyone know of any?
Timdelta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 11:40 AM   #4
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

I've never seen any that really work well (compared to halogens) - I own a Sound and Lighting Production Company, and we work extensively with LED technology, from my experience even the multi high-power LED fixtures we work with (54pcs of 3w LED's per fixture for the midsized lights, 36pcs of 10w LED's for the bigger stuff) just don't have the "throw" of a halogen bulb so until some of the newer technology comes WAY down in price (to give an idea, the midsized 150w fixtures run us about $400 factory-direct) they're more of a novelty than anything - even our big fixtures are useless for direct illumination at distances over about 20-25ft (which at 20mph isn't going to do anyone much good!)
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 12:06 PM   #5
Billfo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Good idea with the terminal block !!! Maybe I will add a small swicth panel as well.. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewCityMusic View Post
because they draw so little amperage (the 30cm strips I bought draw about 8w each), I just hooked mine up on a toggle that is fed right off the keyswitch (although you could easily eliminate the toggle and just go right to the switch just as easily). Also, just to clean things up I bought an inexpensive covered terminal block (same style shown in photo #1 with the cover removed) - helps keep water and gunk out of the connections and also gives me an easy "power tap" to run my other low-draw accessories off of ...

Oh - since these pics I have added 2 48cm strips along the frame rails, the whole project with the LED's and terminal block, switch, etc was well under $20 and really makes the cart look nice at night :)

Billfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO