lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-03-2010, 05:18 AM   #1
1moretoy
Never really finished

Mixed Breed

Question rear end oil change questions

Getting ready to change the fluid in the rear end of my cart. I can't seem to find the fill plug. All I see is the screw-in fitting that the overflow tube is hooked to.
Is this the fill plug too?
Do I fill it to the hole or just below?
What oil do I need to use?
1moretoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-05-2010, 04:25 PM   #2
1moretoy
Never really finished

Mixed Breed

Default Re: rear end oil change questions

Well...no response so I went ahead and assumed the overflow tube fitting is the fill/check plug. My owners manual/illustrated parts book shows a fill plug on the rear end cover but mine doesn't have one and even if it did my rear end cover is on the bottom not the back which would put the fill plug on the bottom and that wouldn't work either. When I checked the level, it only had about 1/2 inch in the bottom so I filled it to about 1 inch below the overflow plug fitting. It actually doesn't make the noise anymore that I thought was the clutch.
1moretoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 04:51 PM   #3
AirJunky
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I kinda ran into the same thing on a thread I started about my Marathon rear end issues. I searched thru the forum, even found a thread where someone referenced using 30 wt in the rear. But after talking with Tom at CPP, I filled it with 80/90 wt gear oil.

BTW, it's not clear to me if your cart is electric or gas. Either way, I think your rear & mine would not be the same anyway (89 & 92). Looks good though. Nice tube bumper in front, looks easy to make. Might have to give my welding skills a brush up this winter.
AirJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 06:05 PM   #4
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

I would liked to have helped but my 86 is different and the filler is a rubber plug which is obvious. It drives me nuts that simple things like this are chaged for no real reason.
I too have heard the SAE 30 thing but my manual for the 86 states SAE 80 - 90 so that's what I used.
Anyway good news on the quiter axle.
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 06:09 PM   #5
rib33024

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Box View Post
I would liked to have helped but my 86 is different and the filler is a rubber plug which is obvious. It drives me nuts that simple things like this are chaged for no real reason.
I too have heard the SAE 30 thing but my manual for the 86 states SAE 80 - 90 so that's what I used.
Anyway good news on the quiter axle.
Gas uses 80, electric uses 30

rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 06:12 PM   #6
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

Ah what a simple answer, thanks rib
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO