lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-07-2010, 03:59 PM   #1
sspence
Not Yet Wild

Default 19.6 mph

I have an 06 DS 4 12volts the dealer replaced one battery (warenty)
after that they can only get it up to 16.4 mph should be 19.6 mph,, they clamed to have talked to the engeniers, all computers seatings say good
have replaced the controler and speed control on moter, any help
thanks Steve
sspence is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-07-2010, 04:04 PM   #2
sspence
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 19.6 mph

sorry last post should be ds club car
Steve
Old 10-07-2010, 10:01 PM   #3
scrunner
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Wait, what?
scrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 10:09 PM   #4
scrunner
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Sorry, someone brought me a bottle of Maker's Mark 46. This is posted in the ez-go section, might get better responses in the club car forum. I'm sure smart people will be along soon to help you either way though. Scotty to the rescue!
scrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 11:02 PM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I'm not a CC expert but 19mph is program 4 only. If they changed the controller you need to get them to set it up to where the old one was.... Settings 1-3 are free ~ #4 is gonna cost ya unless they make good on it. Tell em you bought 19mph and you want 19mph or else
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 08:18 AM   #6
Colbyntx
Gone Wild

Club Car

I thought the speed codes were stored on the OBC? I had the same problem one time after some work and took it back to the guy who programmed it and it was on code 3 for some reason. He reprogrammed it and has been fine on 19.6. You should have a sticker with a set of codes under the seat somewhere. Take it back to the dealer and have them hook it back to the computer and see if it is still on speed code 4. If not, have them reprogram. They shoudn't charge you for this. Just tell them it was on 4 when you brought it to them! 16.4mph is setting 3.
Colbyntx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 02:38 PM   #7
cheapjeep2
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colbyntx View Post
I thought the speed codes were stored on the OBC? .
Nope, the OBC (On Board Computer) controls the charger for charging the batteries. The codes are part of the IQ controller.
cheapjeep2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 07:27 PM   #8
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

FYI.... The code under your dash won't work on the new controller. Each controller has a different code. It must be ordered from a dealer and reprogrammed with the new code. That's the problem.. It's not set on code 4. It's on 3. Also, when you take it to the dealer to have it programmed, have them check your throttle percentage to make sure it's getting full throttle. DS cars often develop worn pedal linkage under the floorboard and will not put out 100% throttle when it happens. The diagnostic machine will confirm this.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 08:25 PM   #9
sspence
Not Yet Wild

thanks for the info,, for some reason the dealer wants to chase other things rather than replace or reprogram the controler, I know he hase worked on throttle
Old 10-08-2010, 08:40 PM   #10
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by sspence View Post
thanks for the info,, for some reason the dealer wants to chase other things rather than replace or reprogram the controler, I know he hase worked on throttle
If it didn't have option 4 to start with they aren't going to give it to you without paying for it. If you had it before the controller change then you need some form of proof you in fact did have option 4 then I'd think they have no choice but to reprogram it....unless they can't do it. If they can't fix it take it to someone who can, its that simple.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car