lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-09-2011, 03:10 PM   #1
interstate
Gone Wild

Default Convert '87 36v resister to modern?

I have a restoration project that started last summer. I have an '87 club car 36v resistor cart. I cleaned it up, restored seats, suspension, tires, body, and cleaned up the frame. Brand new US Batteries were installed with new battery wires. All original connectors for resistors, etc. were left intact as they were still tight. I also installed lights, horn, signals, etc. to make it street legal.

The cart is fine around the neighborhood with my family aboard, but I would like to install a rear seat and get more power. Driving across town is scary with all the cars getting upset behind me and skimming very closely as they throttle past us. I can stick to side streets everywhere except about 4 blocks where we have to cross a river.

According to gps on my phone, I max out at 14-16mph on flat level roads with no wind. Add some light wind and I take a quick hit on speed, 10-14mph. Add the slightest incline and speed drops to 7-10 mph. When I say slight incline, I mean 5-8 degrees. We don't have hills!!

What is the most effective way to gain some speed and power? Buying a used set up would be wonderful, as I am on a very tight budget.

Thanks,
Tyler
interstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-09-2011, 03:44 PM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: Convert '87 36v resister to modern?

stock speed is 10 to 12 mph so if your getting upwards of 16 that ain,t bad having said that check with scottyB he sells a kit to convert it to controller system........................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 05:25 AM   #3
bjl
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Convert '87 36v resister to modern?

Yes, Contact ScottyB. I recently purchased a solid state conversion from him and it turned out great. He furnished some easy to follow directions and if you get stumped on something he is there to help you.
BJL
bjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car