lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-27-2011, 09:34 AM   #11
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: Fitting a motor bumper ring to a 1999 DS

yes it was a kit they came out with later, after having issues with the clatter noise............................sorta like a recall part..................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-29-2011, 02:52 PM   #12
Golfdog
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedotx View Post
Golfdog, what is in the kit and is it opptional or mandatory. I upgraded the motor on my 2000CC and there did not appear to be anything like a "motor centering kit" when I took the stock motor off and I just slid the new motor on and went to it. I am having a problem with the new motor but I don't think it is caused by an alignment issue.
Received the kit today consists of a Motor bearing, a plain metal washer, a splined metal washer, a spring, a rubber splined coned washer and a splined rubber bushing that would fit internally on the motor shaft.
The motor bearing would not be used unless, like me, you are replacing it.
The splined rubber bushing is not used, it appears to be the part used on later models "bumper ring". My very first post on this thread explains the problem I had trying to fit it before I discovered the "right kit"
All parts are fitted externally on the Axle splined input shaft. Although no instructions come with the kit it seems that the plain washer goes on first followed by the spring, the splined metal washer then the rubber splined washer, with the coned end towards the motor. Hopefully all will be quiet thereafter.
Golfdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 03:09 PM   #13
UncleJerm76
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfdog View Post
Received the kit today consists of a Motor bearing, a plain metal washer, a splined metal washer, a spring, a rubber splined coned washer and a splined rubber bushing that would fit internally on the motor shaft.
The motor bearing would not be used unless, like me, you are replacing it.
The splined rubber bushing is not used, it appears to be the part used on later models "bumper ring". My very first post on this thread explains the problem I had trying to fit it before I discovered the "right kit"
All parts are fitted externally on the Axle splined input shaft. Although no instructions come with the kit it seems that the plain washer goes on first followed by the spring, the splined metal washer then the rubber splined washer, with the coned end towards the motor. Hopefully all will be quiet thereafter.
I know this is an old thread - but info on this kit is still hard to find and there are still old carts out there running that might find this info useful....

Did this fix your issue? My dads '94 DS is having whining noises under load (going up hill, accelerating, etc). Very little noise when not under load. The motor was EXTREMELY difficult to get off the shaft, it was basically rusted on. So I'm having doubts there was any chatter coming from between the motor shaft and the axle splined shaft since it was rusted together. Took the armature out and the bearing is still good. Now have the AM10039 kit... but also having issues getting the motor to slide all the way back on. Seems too much pressure is needed.

If I understand correctly this kit is "universal" across many different club car years and comes with more parts than you might need? My dads motor didn't have a motor bumper inside or anything else on the transaxle side of the shaft. I looked up his year Service Manual and it also did not list a motor bumper on the inside. Just a little confused on what to use from this kit and what not to use.
UncleJerm76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 04:24 PM   #14
Papas 73Dart
Getting Wild
Yamaha

I just put in the motor cantering kit ,took the body off and tried with the entir kit .Very noisy,so I took out the internally splined rubber bushing a little bit better .Took out the external splined rubber cup, very noisy.so I finally put in the motor internal cup and the spring and two washers .This combination produced the least amount of noise.
Unfortunately this cart is 18 years old and doesn't seem to have seen much maintenance so there is no way to eliminate noise from worn parts
Papas 73Dart is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car