lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-01-2011, 07:25 AM   #21
Half-fast
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Quick Question

I have the same issue...

Found this on another forum:
I use Monroe 31069 or Gabriel 81270. The right lenth and studs on both ends. :D
Link to Monroe...
http://www.monroe.com/catalog_lookup...iscappinfo.asp
and Gabriel showing the two parts interchange...
http://www.gabriel.com/ProductFinder.aspx

They fit an '83 Mazda GLC (rear shocks) amongst others... Advance AP lists them as Monroe p/n 56000 when I look up by application. They are 10 3/4 compressed and 17 1/4 extended. Sounds to me like it's a match for my application and at $16.99 I get 2 for the price of one when compared to what you pay for the ones that say "golf" in front of them.
Half-fast is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-01-2011, 07:26 AM   #22
Half-fast
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

double post

Last edited by Half-fast; 07-01-2011 at 07:27 AM.. Reason: double post
Half-fast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 08:14 AM   #23
joe100
Gone Wild

Club Car

You can put shock extensions on one end, or can you relocate the bottom mounting plate to the top or bottom of the spring perch. I've even made new one's to fit my applications. Good Luck! Joe
joe100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 05:13 AM   #24
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Thanks for the replies . . will look into what is most feasible . . . Happy Fourth!
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 07:18 AM   #25
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

UPDATE: After almost giving up trying to find a shock that had the proper extended/compressed measurements for my situation, I sent off an inquiry to Monroe techs . . . I received a response with a recommendation, though they stated they do not "officially endorse the use of their product for non standard applications" . . . based on my measurements, they recommended Monroe 5758 shocks, which are the shocks for a 1962 Ford T-bird front end . . . found them on internet for about $35/pr shipped . . . will update again after I receive them next week and install 'em . . .
Old 07-14-2011, 06:59 AM   #26
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

UPDATE: Monroe 5758 shocks arrived yesterday and installed last night . . . good fit for my situation . . only wish CC left more space for installing top bushing/nut . . . hate working blind in spaces fingers barely fit into . .
Old 07-28-2011, 03:33 PM   #27
LizardLeg
New Cart Security System

E-Z-GO

How does it ride with these shocks and the HD springs? Looking to do the same thing to my EZGO.
LizardLeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 06:27 PM   #28
ForBruce
Mr. Helper

Club Car

do youself a favor and buy longer u-bolts....

I watch my friend install hd springs on his 2005 club car precedent and it was a struggle with the stock u-bolts
ForBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 05:12 AM   #29
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

@ LizardLeg . . stiff ride, but with passengers on back seat, even large passengers, no droop or rubbing on wheels . . . these were aftermarket HD springs, though . . I have since also bought an 2006 CC DS and will purchase CC HD springs (more costly) and see difference . . CC HD springs do not require any change to shocks or U Bolt, at least that is what CC dealer tells me . . .

@ ForBruce . . . on my 99 CC, the U Bolts were long enough to get a full nut onto the threads and not really a struggle . . .
Old 07-30-2011, 05:44 AM   #30
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

UPDATE: Stopped at local CC dealer yesterday and bought "their" HD springs for my 2006 DS . . . as promised, they mounted using existing U bolts and shocks . . new springs provided about an additional inch or two of lift to the rear end . . costly, though, compared to after market springs ($164 and they charged for each bushing/sleeve!!) . . also asked CC dealer about their "Speed Kit" (code 4 for controller/motor) . . . their fee is $109 . . . will get that done when I drag the CC back home from campground . .
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car