lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-09-2011, 12:44 PM   #21
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Sam's Club golf cart battery charger?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyrestorm View Post
Is it a battery tender too? Or just a charger?
Specs say it has "float mode monitoring" which implies that it is a maintainer also. Andy4639 has one, maybe he will chime in.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-09-2011, 12:52 PM   #22
turblown
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Is it a battery tender too? Or just a charger?
It does have the ability to charge at 2A constantly instead of doing a "Rapid Charge" at higher currents.
turblown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 06:00 PM   #23
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Cool Re: Sam's Club golf cart battery charger?

From what I used it for they worked fine. A little slow on the charge but it worked great on both 36 and 48 volts.
Yes it will float charge the batteries.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 06:41 PM   #24
Fyrestorm
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Im looking for one to keep on my cart for up to a month at a time. I live in FL but have a place up in SC. Would you trust this one for that? I'd rather pay double for peace of mind.
Fyrestorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 07:38 PM   #25
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Im looking for one to keep on my cart for up to a month at a time. I live in FL but have a place up in SC. Would you trust this one for that? I'd rather pay double for peace of mind.
If it was me, probably not. Not enough experience with it on this forum I don't think.
Here is a link for retailer info: http://www.baccusglobal.com/stanley/gbcpro.php
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 07:42 PM   #26
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Lightbulb Re: Sam's Club golf cart battery charger?

They have the Stanley name tag on them so I would think they are pretty good. I'd use it.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 09:54 PM   #27
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Which place are you intending to leave it plugged in at? I live in Florida as well, this is the lightening capital of the world and there is no way I would even consider leaving a charger plugged into a golf cart for that length of time... I have seen chargers hit by lightening too many times to want to risk the blown batteries and/or burnt down house......
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 12:52 AM   #28
turblown
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

UPDATE: Well I spoke too soon. About two weeks ago I noticed the fan on the charger started making a loud noise when charging. Then last week I noticed the plastic around where the different connector styles connect to the charger cable, was partially melted. I knew it officially died this weekend when my batteries were drained and the charger kept sensing that they were FUL. My original purchase date was 05/23/2011. Sam's Club exchanged the charger with receipt for a new one today (09/12/2011) no questions asked. The new one is currently charging as intended. I'm hoping that Sam's Club just got a bad batch and this doesn't happen again. If so, I may be asking for full refund next time.
Old 09-15-2011, 02:48 PM   #29
Fyrestorm
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitreborn View Post
Which place are you intending to leave it plugged in at? I live in Florida as well, this is the lightening capital of the world and there is no way I would even consider leaving a charger plugged into a golf cart for that length of time... I have seen chargers hit by lightening too many times to want to risk the blown batteries and/or burnt down house......
Leaving it in South Carolina. I go up once a month but in the winter I dont want it sitting without a battery maintainer. It gets in the teens and thats rough on a battery sitting for 4 weeks without charging. I also dont want to run it up and back every time I go. A quality battery tender will take care of that.
Fyrestorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 12:17 AM   #30
turblown
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

SECOND UPDATE: The charger started making a loud noise when charging again. It would charge at lower voltages but no longer at 36V. My original purchase date was 05/23/2011. Sam's Club exchanged the charger with receipt for a new one 4 months later no questions asked. After two more months, I got a full cash refund today. This product worked great ... when it was still working. I may attempt to buy one from another retailer as suggested, but I've given up on making work out with Sam's Club.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO