lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-13-2011, 02:00 PM   #21
scantx
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: new batts and charger wont charge, charger works on other carts

Yes sir. Receptical side. Going to get a different wire. This was a little big.
If no luck there then going to pull the charger receptical on cart and root thru it. Something could be amiss in there. Thank you for hanging in there with me. Wanted to take it to the Coastal Conservation banquet tonight. 5 blocks from the house and a nice drive by the bay. Many thanks.
scantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-13-2011, 04:22 PM   #22
scantx
Not Yet Wild

First off....Many Thanks to gaminde, stevegrmlch,let it run and ScottyB !!!!!!

Great news. Removed the receptical. All points showed continuity. ? Then just as my father used to say "just because it looks good, doesn't mean it is good". Broke the whole thing down , cleaned -every connection- twice. re-installed. Charger clicked.. unplugged. RE-checked all connections. Plugged it back in.....Guess what happened...Yup. Charger kicked on..... Will keep ya posted as to where this goes next. Thank ya'll so very much for the patience and help..!
Old 08-13-2011, 05:13 PM   #23
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Hats off to you for being so thorough. Lots of people would have thrown their hands up and insisted the tests were wrong but they did point to the receptacle which is fairly rare on a CC and you did get it fixed. Keep an eye on it, make sure you are getting a full charge. (cut off voltage is 58-63v) the receptacle contacts could be worn beyond service limits?
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 05:49 PM   #24
scantx
Not Yet Wild

Thank you sir.
It looks as if it is at 14amp on the charger. All wiring is cool to the touch. At first the charger clicked and then came on for a few minutes then turned off, then unplugged and waited and then plugged back in. charger on. I have learned over the years working with my father (structiral engineer and petroleum engineer, 4 year degree in 4 months , during the war texas a&m)
That you have to be patient and find out "why". Then run your traps. Something will come up.

By the way, Should I just let the charger do it's thing? I will watch it but it should time out after 16 hrs??
Old 08-13-2011, 05:50 PM   #25
scantx
Not Yet Wild

by voltage , you mean across the bank?
Old 08-13-2011, 06:30 PM   #26
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Yes & yes. Hopefully it finishes before it times out..... what does the pack read now under charge?
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car