lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-12-2011, 04:00 PM   #1
bassman_2469
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Ez-go charger hook up to club car

Can I use an EZ-GO total charge III charger on my 1990 Club Car? I was given the charger and was planning on just changing the plug on the crarger to fit the Cart. When I went to order a plug the service dept. said NOT to use it. He said it was built just for EZ-GO. Is he right or was he just trying to get me to buy a charger?

Thanks
Steve
bassman_2469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-12-2011, 04:46 PM   #2
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Ez-go charger hook up to club car

If your 1990 Club Car is equipped with an Onboard Compuer (OBC) the EZ-Go charger will not work correctly, and you risk damaging the cart itself.

If the CC has no OBC, the charger should operate correctly.

And, Welcome to BGW!
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 04:56 PM   #3
bassman_2469
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I don't see a computer any where. All I see is the selinoid, F&R switch actual plug for the charger, the wiper and a series of coiled wires the the wiper hooks up to. Now the charger has no on off switch. Just plug in and it has a gage

Steve
Old 09-13-2011, 10:17 AM   #4
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

thjan it should work as long as its a 36 volt cart......if its a 48 volt cart no but if your seeing resistor coils behind the batteries it should be 36 volt .........just to be safe how many water fill holes per battery? 3=36 volt and 3=48 volt.............................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 10:49 AM   #5
bassman_2469
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

It is a 36 V for sure. the service Mngr said I don't have a OBC same as EZ-GO (dont even have 1)so the charger don't know when to turn on or off. I thought because it was an auotmatic charger it could tell when it needed a charge, how much and when to shut down.
Old 09-13-2011, 11:55 AM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The charger will work just fine, the charger knows at what voltage to turn off by itself, your cart is pre 1995 CC 1st yr 48v OBC, I have a powerwise with the crows foot just for that purpose.
I remember it didn't work immediately I had to switch a wire in the charger to get it to read the CC.
I may have to open this charger again to see what I did? It's been awhile......
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
club car 1990
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car