lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-13-2011, 03:37 PM   #1
yellj
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Wiring lights n 07 Precedent

I searched, couldn't find the specific answer. Here are the instructions http://www.mymadjax.com/file/Precede...v2_2011sec.pdf
What I am trying to clarify is the circuit breaker connection. The cart is not in front of me, so trying to make sure i don't screw anything up.
Here's the question, the breaker has a line and load side, I assume the line side goes to the positive side of battery four and the load to the electronic component area. What is confusing me is the refer to a long lead and a short lead, they are both the same length. Any clarification would help. TIA
yellj is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-13-2011, 10:53 PM   #2
Stevec3201
haveacupofshutthe****up

Club Car

Default Re: Wiring lights n 07 Precedent

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellj View Post
I searched, couldn't find the specific answer. Here are the instructions http://www.mymadjax.com/file/Precede...v2_2011sec.pdf
What I am trying to clarify is the circuit breaker connection. The cart is not in front of me, so trying to make sure i don't screw anything up.
Here's the question, the breaker has a line and load side, I assume the line side goes to the positive side of battery four and the load to the electronic component area. What is confusing me is the refer to a long lead and a short lead, they are both the same length. Any clarification would help. TIA
You want the circuit breaker as close to the battery as possible, that's all.
Stevec3201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 06:27 AM   #3
Down South
Growing In Grace

Club Car

Quote:
Your assumption is correct. I installed the same light kit just a few weeks ago.
Down South is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 06:35 AM   #4
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

LINE is source of power, ie, positive, and LOAD is device using the power, ie, components . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 07:17 PM   #5
yellj
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Worked out fine, thanks for the replies, going to hold off on tail lights, since I will be painting it and didn't want peel off 2 sided tape in a month
yellj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 10:30 PM   #6
Down South
Growing In Grace

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellj View Post
Worked out fine, thanks for the replies, going to hold off on tail lights, since I will be painting it and didn't want peel off 2 sided tape in a month
The tail lights are easy. I took a wire clothes hanger, straightened it out and made a hook on one and fished the factory wiring plug out.
Down South is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 07:19 AM   #7
Stevec3201
haveacupofshutthe****up

Club Car

When you decide to install a converter, contact me. I found that there is a wire in the harness that you have to cut to advoid sproradic problems with the tow run switch. I had a hell of a time messing with the light kit harness and my converter, but now she's perfect
Old 10-16-2011, 08:02 AM   #8
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevec3201 View Post
When you decide to install a converter, contact me. I found that there is a wire in the harness that you have to cut to advoid sproradic problems with the tow run switch. I had a hell of a time messing with the light kit harness and my converter, but now she's perfect
Which wire Steve?
erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 10:02 AM   #9
Stevec3201
haveacupofshutthe****up

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by erict View Post
Which wire Steve?
I'm at work and can't remember the exact wires, but here's the deal:

When I thought everything was good to go, I was riding back home and noticed the cart was losing power and acting strange. I stopped and did some tests, but found that the cart would still go with the tow/run in tow?

When I got home, I disconnected the front light wiring harness (dash) and the problem went away.

To make the fix, I discovered that in the front light wiring harness, under the black sheathing there is a wire fused to another wire. I cut that wire.

In the main harness in the dash, that connects to the light harness, there is a wire that supplies two different voltages depending on the tow/run switch position. When in tow, it's about negative 34, when in run it's about positive12. Find that wire and where it connects to the lightkit harness, now you know what wire is the problem. Take apart the lightkit harness and that wire will have another wire connected to it, cut it. You are done, at least in my case.

I hope this helps anyone with an oem lightkit that decided to add a converter.

This was hard to explain, while at work.
Old 10-16-2011, 10:40 AM   #10
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevec3201 View Post
I'm at work and can't remember the exact wires, but here's the deal:

When I thought everything was good to go, I was riding back home and noticed the cart was losing power and acting strange. I stopped and did some tests, but found that the cart would still go with the tow/run in tow?

When I got home, I disconnected the front light wiring harness (dash) and the problem went away.

To make the fix, I discovered that in the front light wiring harness, under the black sheathing there is a wire fused to another wire. I cut that wire.

In the main harness in the dash, that connects to the light harness, there is a wire that supplies two different voltages depending on the tow/run switch position. When in tow, it's about negative 34, when in run it's about positive12. Find that wire and where it connects to the lightkit harness, now you know what wire is the problem. Take apart the lightkit harness and that wire will have another wire connected to it, cut it. You are done, at least in my case.

I hope this helps anyone with an oem lightkit that decided to add a converter.

This was hard to explain, while at work.
If you take the dash apart again, take a pic of the wire if you could. I don't really intend to use my light that much at all but still might think about connecting it to a converter when I add one. I would like to add one for a stereo but just may end up hooking it up to a dedicated 12v battery.
erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car