lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-16-2011, 09:01 AM   #11
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Check your battery terminals

Quote:
Originally Posted by andystmichael View Post
Hi Scotty;
You talk about cold is below 50 degrees. I bet the is Fahrenheit and is above "0". Up here we have to keep our beer in the fridge during the winter so it won't freeze. On average, it is around - 10 degrees F. We get 2 or 3 weeks where it drops to around -20. That is a bit colder than you are use to. I will be keeping an eye on my cart's new meter and charge it accordingly. I think the purchase of the meter will pay off.
By the way. I checked my batteries this morning and the meter read 50.8 volts and the charger was at (0)
Chat to you guys later.
All looks good I'm in Michigan and we can have the cold snaps as well. I plan to turn the charger on every two weeks to keep them charged. Also make sure you take your seat off so the mice don't have an enclosed area to seek shelter and cause damage. I also bought some peppermint oil which I will apply to some cotton swabs and place around and in my cart to deter them. I have my tractor in my attached garage and they built a nest in the engine compartment and chewed two wires and I use this tractor during the winter so it doesn't take long for them to set up shop. My cart will be in my pole barn so there wont be any activity in there during the winter so I must take precautions.
erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-16-2011, 10:03 AM   #12
Seastar
Not Yet Wild

I live in Southwester Ontario right at the spot where the main highway (402) was closed for four days last winter. The military used helicopters to rescue the stranded motorists. The local police forces have added atv's and snowmobiles to their fleets in case of a repeat. No body died, which was a miracle. Four days in your car in a blizzard and no heat because most cars were out of fuel.
And Scotty thinks he has it bad at 50 degrees and a little rain.
John
Seastar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 10:56 AM   #13
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seastar View Post
I live in Southwester Ontario right at the spot where the main highway (402) was closed for four days last winter. The military used helicopters to rescue the stranded motorists. The local police forces have added atv's and snowmobiles to their fleets in case of a repeat. No body died, which was a miracle. Four days in your car in a blizzard and no heat because most cars were out of fuel.
And Scotty thinks he has it bad at 50 degrees and a little rain.
John
LOL, I can take out to the construction site I was at in the summer of '91 ...
It was 14 miles from a drink of water or a spot of shade. Air temp was 126 degrees. The rock & sand ground temp was closer to 200 degrees, yes sir. We built a tank range for our combat troops to train for Desert Storm & the current middle east conflicts.
Welcome to the Mojave desert where you're darn right we shiver at 50
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 11:10 AM   #14
Stevec3201
haveacupofshutthe****up

Club Car

I got you all beat! Last week we had no sunshine for 3 days as it rained the whole time. We didn't know what to do....Oh, and the pool temp dropped to 79 degrees.
Stevec3201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 11:15 AM   #15
Seastar
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevec3201 View Post
I got you all beat! Last week we had no sunshine for 3 days as it rained the whole time. We didn't know what to do....Oh, and the pool temp dropped to 79 degrees.
****, you guys have it tough.
Seastar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 11:20 AM   #16
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Are you Okay Steve should we call somebody for you!?

Actually 3 days of rain sucks.....
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 11:36 AM   #17
Stevec3201
haveacupofshutthe****up

Club Car

Yeah, I'll live. Have to fly to Syracuse next week though

On a serious note, Scotty. When you make my 2 gage cables, can you do a custom job that will hook up to the 3" x 5/16th threaded solid copper terminal/stud that I'm putting through my OBC?

So, instead of going from batt #4 neg through the OBC to the controller. I'll be going from #4 neg to the copper terminal and then from the opposite side of copper terminal to the controller.

Also, can I use a HP solenoid with stock controller? I want to do my upgrades in stages.
Old 10-16-2011, 11:39 AM   #18
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Yeah, I'll live. Have to fly to Syracuse next week though

On a serious note, Scotty. When you make my 2 gage cables, can you do a custom job that will hook up to the 3" x 5/16th threaded solid copper terminal/stud that I'm putting through my OBC?

So, instead of going from batt #4 neg through the OBC to the controller. I'll be going from #4 neg to the copper terminal and then from the opposite side of copper terminal to the controller.

Also, can I use a HP solenoid with stock controller? I want to do my upgrades in stages.
What is the purpose of this Steve? Are you bypassing the OBC?
erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 11:47 AM   #19
Stevec3201
haveacupofshutthe****up

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by erict View Post
What is the purpose of this Steve? Are you bypassing the OBC?
No. You can't bypass the OBC, because your charger needs it to charge batteries.
I want bigger wires for my future bigger controller. The problem is the bigger wire will not fit through the tight little hole in the OBC. So I'm going to fabricate a 3" x 5/16th threaded copper stud, and put that through the OBC. Then I'll connect the battery cables to that stud.

I learned about this from David Hicks, but he used stainless steel I believe.
Old 10-16-2011, 12:11 PM   #20
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Quote:
No. You can't bypass the OBC, because your charger needs it to charge batteries.
I want bigger wires for my future bigger controller. The problem is the bigger wire will not fit through the tight little hole in the OBC. So I'm going to fabricate a 3" x 5/16th threaded copper stud, and put that through the OBC. Then I'll connect the battery cables to that stud.

I learned about this from David Hicks, but he used stainless steel I believe.
Wonder if the 5/16" threaded rod/stud creates a "hot spot" of resistance going from 2g to 5/16" and back to 2g cable . . . anyone check it with a temp gun yet after a "scoot about"?
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car