lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-04-2011, 05:46 PM   #1
SEHunter
Gone Wild

Default Controller (Alltrax) Programming tips

I came across advise on programming here and there. Just want to ask how to get the most out of my motor...

Its a club car DS series. My controller is a AXE4895 (650 amp) Motor is a GE 11.4 torque motor.

If im not mistaken, a series has no "plug braking" so i guess i just skip it or choose no. Do i simply maxx out all other settings? I want full potential out of both the controller and motor. My only desire is to not have it jump hard as soon as the pedal is pressed as long as i can achieve that with no performance loss. Thanks for any tips!
SEHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-04-2011, 05:50 PM   #2
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Controller (Alltrax) Programming tips

Make sure your power output is at 100% and adjust the throttle ramp as to your tastes. Enjoy!
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 11:10 PM   #3
SEHunter
Gone Wild

i have looked at the examples on the alltrax web site and saw the line graph that is the throttle ramp. there is another setting that is represented in numbers 1 through 5 that are the throttle up and throttle down rates...what does this setting do? How is that different from the throttle ramp?

Also, does a series motor use the "turbo" setting?
Old 11-05-2011, 07:32 AM   #4
SEHunter
Gone Wild

Please tell me how to adjust the throttle response. Whats the difference between chooseing custom or one of the default settings? What exactly does thos function do? Im getting it and throttle up rate confused with eachother.
Old 11-05-2011, 08:19 AM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Custom does not exist. But simply click on progressive or inductive to see the throttle curve on a graph.....ask your self which graph suits your needs.
Throttle rate is how fast the throttle climbs the chart. 5 is the default setting.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 07:49 PM   #6
SEHunter
Gone Wild

got it. well after 3 hours of trying, i cant get into the program. very frustrated at this point. i have to give alltrax a call monday.

i have 3 batteries in a series sending 24v to the control for power. i have re-booted the driver 4 times and the controller pro software twice and still am getting the cant detect motor controller error. it detects the new device (rs-232 cable) and i have the alltrax icon on my desk top but somthing is not working. i have triple checked all connections.
Old 11-05-2011, 08:07 PM   #7
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEHunter View Post
got it. well after 3 hours of trying, i cant get into the program. very frustrated at this point. i have to give alltrax a call monday.

i have 3 batteries in a series sending 24v to the control for power. i have re-booted the driver 4 times and the controller pro software twice and still am getting the cant detect motor controller error. it detects the new device (rs-232 cable) and i have the alltrax icon on my desk top but somthing is not working. i have triple checked all connections.
More then likely your issue is with the com port. Anytime you use a serial adapter you need to make sure its on its own dedicated com port. When hooking up these adapters they like to use the same com port that another device is using and this will cause a conflict. Go into the device manger and manually switch to another com port that you know isn't being used by something else like your. It may have choose the same com port your modem is on even though you don't use a modem.

I had this same type of issue when hooking up my home theater receiver as it would see it but wouldn't communicate with it and drove me nuts until I switched to a different com port, problem solved.
erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 08:38 PM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

FYI
the controller light must be lit green or red BEFORE you open the program.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 09:11 PM   #9
SEHunter
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by erict View Post
More then likely your issue is with the com port. Anytime you use a serial adapter you need to make sure its on its own dedicated com port. When hooking up these adapters they like to use the same com port that another device is using and this will cause a conflict. Go into the device manger and manually switch to another com port that you know isn't being used by something else like your. It may have choose the same com port your modem is on even though you don't use a modem.

I had this same type of issue when hooking up my home theater receiver as it would see it but wouldn't communicate with it and drove me nuts until I switched to a different com port, problem solved.
Bingo. That was my problem. i eventually discovered this in the pdf on the alltrax site. it was on com31 and i had to move it between com 1 and com8 as the pdf states.
Old 11-05-2011, 09:18 PM   #10
SEHunter
Gone Wild

will you guys clear somthing up for me?.....i have 2 questions...

although the install manual gives a definition of "high pedal disable", it makes no sence to my small brain. i need a meaning given in laymans terms.....do i want this on or off? default is on. what is this?

second question is the throttle response...ScottyB, i know you told me earlier but i still dont get exactly how this effects the acceleration? all the line graphs of the options look very similar except for the s curve. and why is there a "custom" option? you cant adjust the default example so how is that considered custom anyway?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car