lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-05-2011, 10:23 PM   #11
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Controller (Alltrax) Programming tips

High pedal disable ( HPD ) means that if you have the accelerator pedal depressed with the key off and then switch the key on, the cart will not move until you release the pedal and reapply it. Your other question, Scotty will have to help you with!
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-05-2011, 11:08 PM   #12
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

90% of all Alltrax controllers are run on the default settings. Try it and see if that doesn't fit you too?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 12:01 AM   #13
SEHunter
Gone Wild

Thanks guys. I have the programming figured out now. I admit personally, i cant tell a great difference in the throttle curve options. It feels under powered for what i have. My father has the same motor and controller and he has a noticeably stronger acceleration. I have maxed out the output and tried all the throttle curves and it still feels like its laying down.

Im going to contact alltrax and just ask if there is any different mapping or adjusting that would involve tech support that i cant do with the basic programming on the controller pro. i dont know if there is any advanced programming they can provide or not.
SEHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 09:33 PM   #14
ForBruce
Mr. Helper

Club Car

connect your laptop and run the programmer in diagnostic mode while you drive the cart .( take a passenger to hold the lap and read settings )

see if you achieve 100% throttle...if not you need a new throttle curve file from alltrax....
ForBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 12:17 AM   #15
SEHunter
Gone Wild

Problem solved. I had two issues that combined, was causeing poor performance. Although the voltage and gravity readings appeared decent on the batteries, they are weak and have a significant voltage drop when under load. This combined with having the throttle up rate set to high (had it maxed on 15) was the issue.

Steve at Alltrax was so helpful that i was blown away but thats another conversation. He explained to me that such a high throttle up rate requires so much amp draw initially that it was just sucking the batteries down and they were looseing the capacity to provide amps to allow torque and acceleration. After topping off the charge again and setting the throttle up rate at 8 or lower, the power was all of a sudden there. This may have not showed up nearly as much if i had strong batteries but was still a waste of amperage being drawn from the battery pack.

He also walked me through the process to make sure the controller was going to 100% throttle, which it was. I jacked up the rear wheels and pressed the throttle all the way for a second and got the amber LED on the controller lit which confirms 100% throttle. The guys at Alltrax are super to deal with and extremely helpful. Now its time to cry over the cost of 6 new batteries.
SEHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car