lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-20-2011, 10:08 AM   #1
seacrets
Not Yet Wild

Default Battery issue

I've got an 08 Precedent with 4 ea. 12 volt batteries. After a full charge my low battery light comes on after a short trip. Three of the batteries register over 12 volts and one is at 10. Would it do any good to isolate the bad battery and put a deep cycle charger on it, or should I start looking for a set of batteries. They're late 07's. Thanks in advance for your comments.
seacrets is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-20-2011, 10:12 AM   #2
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Battery issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by seacrets View Post
I've got an 08 Precedent with 4 ea. 12 volt batteries. After a full charge my low battery light comes on after a short trip. Three of the batteries register over 12 volts and one is at 10. Would it do any good to isolate the bad battery and put a deep cycle charger on it, or should I start looking for a set of batteries. They're late 07's. Thanks in advance for your comments.
One battery is shot. Looks like new batteries are on the short list
erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 10:23 AM   #3
Stevec3201
haveacupofshutthe****up

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by erict View Post
One battery is shot. Looks like new batteries are on the short list

Or you could go cheap and get a decent used one, until you are ready to drop $700.00-$900.00 on new ones.
Stevec3201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 10:24 AM   #4
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

batteries are 07,s i would put a set in.................or try and find one as close to what you have as possible.............as far as a deep cycle PLEASE no don,t go there....................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 11:09 AM   #5
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Out of curiosity . . do you have lights and is the low battery the one that runs your lights?? . . . if so, an isolated charge on that battery MAY help in the interim . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 11:19 AM   #6
seacrets
Not Yet Wild

My circuit breaker comes off that battery (driver's side rear). I haven't used the lights in a while. They are factory lights that plug into the existing wiring harness. Where should voltage be after an overnight charge? I'm looking at 12.4 on all batteries, but after a short trip my one battery is down to 10. When charging all batteries read 13.6 volts.
Old 11-20-2011, 11:30 AM   #7
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by seacrets View Post
My circuit breaker comes off that battery (driver's side rear). I haven't used the lights in a while. They are factory lights that plug into the existing wiring harness. Where should voltage be after an overnight charge? I'm looking at 12.4 on all batteries, but after a short trip my one battery is down to 10. When charging all batteries read 13.6 volts.
Your factory lights are feed off of batt#4 which is the passenger side front. Sounds like you have one or more bad cells in the bad battery. How are the water levels?
erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 12:07 PM   #8
seacrets
Not Yet Wild

Eric, you're right. Sorry for the mistake. Water levels are good in all batteries.
Old 11-22-2011, 09:15 PM   #9
club car guy
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

You could always shop around for a used battery until you can get the cash together for a new set of batteries.
club car guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 09:16 PM   #10
club car guy
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

F.Y.I. I just purchased a set of intersate batteries *yes they carry golf cart batteries* and they cost me less than 425 for the set of 4 12 volts with a 20 month warranty
club car guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car