lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-19-2012, 04:51 PM   #1
OhioG9
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Trouble finding G9 engine side case

Hey guys I'm new to the site and was hoping to find a little direction here as i'm at a dead end with my parts search. I recently picked up a 91 G9 from an auction for $200 at an auction this past weekend. It is in decent shape but the balancer shaft in the engine is broke and has worn out the hole the shaft seats in. I have been able to locate a couple of the balancers but not a single engine side cover. I would be willing to buy an engine with a blown top end and cannibalize 2 together but I cant even find a bad engine to use. So if anybody knows a place to get the side cover or somebody with a old engine i could get ahold of it would help me out a ton. Thanks guys
OhioG9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-19-2012, 05:17 PM   #2
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Default Re: Trouble finding G9 engine side case

That is the one thing people can't really figure out how to repair. Some have taken out the balancer and had no problems, others say they vibrate more (talking about not just yamaha singles). I think I would try it without first and see what it does. People get a pretty penny for engines, I have two I want to rebuild and sell to help pay for my clone conversions. Both started to burn oil and were taken out but run fine otherwise. Clone is a lot of work to put in but the power is much better. Anyway, keep looking and you might find one. With these the oil ring goes bad and they burn oil, the other thing that later wears out you know about.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 07:18 PM   #3
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Wow thats a new one. I cant remember seeing the side case "boss" being damaged, it's useually the block "boss" that gets damaged. I must have one or two that would work. But like Sho said, some members leave the balancer out, I've never tried it. Good luck on your build.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 09:52 AM   #4
G1-G9
LIFE IS TAKING FOREVER

Yamaha

I have a couple of side covers also if you need one or two. I took the balancer out of my engines and they ran fine.
G1-G9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 09:55 AM   #5
k mac
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Can it be welded and machined back out? If the case is no good it may be worth a try.
k mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 10:14 AM   #6
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by k mac View Post
Can it be welded and machined back out? If the case is no good it may be worth a try.
Sure it can, if you measure a good one to duplicate. But it would take a little work to fixture it and machine it that nicely as a bearing, and you might need a custom ream if you can't get it close enough. You offset it a few times you can get pretty close though, maybe good enough for what it is.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 11:06 AM   #7
OhioG9
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

G1-G9 would you be interested in selling one of those side covers? I'd like to just put the balancer back and all to original specs instead of leaving parts out if I can. also being a used 91 would ya'll suggest i rebuild (rings and seals) as well since its opened up already and probably has a lot of hours on it.
Old 10-21-2012, 12:32 PM   #8
Madman415
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I have a complete engine from a G9 that was knocking bad when I pulled it out. The engine never locked up, it still ran, just knocked so I swapped it out.

Throw me a couple bucks for it and pay shipping and it's yours
Madman415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 01:36 PM   #9
OhioG9
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

madman, would you be willing to crack that case open real quick just to verify the balancer and side case are all intact? if so i'll b uy it from ya
Old 10-21-2012, 02:19 PM   #10
G1-G9
LIFE IS TAKING FOREVER

Yamaha

ohioG9 i would love 2 send you both my covers for one price.
G1-G9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha