lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-21-2013, 05:40 AM   #11
cableguy_hd
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: DPI charger issues.... Scotty B hope you can help

well par for the course..( these are Golf Carts )... the charger wants to act up again 3 days before we leave for a camping trip... I left it on charge last Saturday or Sunday and went for a ride yesterday and saw that the charger was off. Must have shut down I guess. Now when trying to charge it back up again it will go to the 5 amp stage but gauge will not move then all lights flash. I cleaned all the wires and will take the batteries out tonight and clean the terminals. I had the same voltage at pack as did the terminal. 50.1 at the time. batteries are 8.34 8.36 8.40 8.41 8.37 8.37 in no particular order right now

Last edited by cableguy_hd; 10-21-2013 at 06:11 AM.. Reason: voltage reading
cableguy_hd is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-21-2013, 09:45 AM   #12
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

What is the battery pack voltage reading at the battery mains now? And what is the reading at the receptacle pins now?
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 10:23 AM   #13
cableguy_hd
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

The last sentence was the reading of each batt. This morning at 7 am before I went to work. I don't know what it was at the terminal. I had already taken each battery out the clean the terminals tonight
Old 10-21-2013, 10:27 AM   #14
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

When you put everything back in - if the charger won't work use your AC/DC meter to verify that it has a good 110vAC connection and a good 36 or 48vDC connection.
Old 10-21-2013, 06:39 PM   #15
cableguy_hd
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Ok. I took a wire wheel and a drill and cleaned my terminals, battery wires and other things. I put the batteries back in the cart. Individual readings are still the same as posted above from this morning. Pack and charging dock have same readings ( 50.2 VDC ) I plug the charger to cart first, then to power(122.9 VAC) at the drop cord. Flashes once for the US battery mode, then power on and detection lights come on ( solid red ) then charging light starts to flash yellow. The charger doesn't show the 5 amp movement on the charger amp meter. After 10 seconds or so it does the same thing over again. I just unplug it after 2 or 3 tries. This is sorta what it did this summer when I started this thread but the charger meter would fluctuate during the detection stage. Now it doesn't. Since the summer when I thought it was fixed I haven't had any issues at all till now.
Old 10-21-2013, 07:06 PM   #16
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Call DPI tech support. They may just send you out a new circuit board for it. Very simple swap out.

DIVERSIFIED POWER INTERNATIONAL
800.334.5091 TOLL FREE
Old 10-30-2013, 07:52 PM   #17
cableguy_hd
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

DPI sent a board. Took a little longer than I hoped. Had to call them twice but they were helpful and nice both times, just hated to have to call back. Anyway its working just in time to take the kids trick/treating tomorrow. Hope this one lasts for more than a few months... I even had bad luck with the charger I used last weekend at the campsite. Hopefully this black cloud will leave soon
Old 10-30-2013, 09:21 PM   #18
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cableguy_hd View Post
DPI sent a board. Took a little longer than I hoped. Had to call them twice but they were helpful and nice both times, just hated to have to call back. Anyway its working just in time to take the kids trick/treating tomorrow. Hope this one lasts for more than a few months... I even had bad luck with the charger I used last weekend at the campsite. Hopefully this black cloud will leave soon
Awesome, glad you got it going in time for Halloween!
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 11:51 PM   #19
rib33024

The DPI charger and the one at camp not working on your cart, Hummmm, maybe it's not the chargers

Quote:
Originally Posted by cableguy_hd View Post
I even had bad luck with the charger I used last weekend at the campsite. Hopefully this black cloud will leave soon
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 05:33 AM   #20
cableguy_hd
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

different carts and different type of chargers
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO