lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-25-2014, 03:10 PM   #1
jbrzezinski14
Not Yet Wild

Default EZGO RXV super loud whining

Hi guys, first post, but been doing a lot of reading on here and you guys know your stuff! I just bought a refurb 2010 EZGO RXV. Love everything about it except its loud. Very very loud. When the guy dropped it off, he said everyone asks them about the whining noise in these things and he said its normal. There is also some fluid leaking on the floor under the rear diff where I park it.

Well, there's no way this is normal. Follow the link to a video to give you an idea of what I mean. The speaker is picking up a lot of wind noise, thus muffling the whining noise a bit, but you'll get the drift. Its loud enough that people turn heads from 50 yards away and its tough to have a conversation with the person sitting next to you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2P4K...e_gdata_player

Is this normal and what the heck is making all that racket?

John
jbrzezinski14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-25-2014, 07:36 PM   #2
Jd62
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZGO RXV super loud whining

Hi, and welcome to bgw. It's sure rvx are making more noise than txt. But this sound don't looks normal. When you are on the road what is your speed (aprox)
Jd62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 07:52 PM   #3
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Lots of RXVs around here now. They all are noticeably louder than the other carts but not as loud as yours. Nothing should be leaking from the gear set either. RXVs have a limited slip differential and require a specialized lube. My guess is that it if the wrong lube i.e.. standard gear lube or oil was used maybe this would cause both problems. Wouldn't be expensive to get the diff serviced by a knowledgeable tech first before trying more costly trial and error solutions.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 08:54 PM   #4
Sarge50
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I have responded to several posts on here regarding RXV Rear Diff Whine. Recommend you drain the fluid and refill. Since your's is a 2010 model there should be a fill hole located on the side of the pumpkin if not remove one Axel and refill through the Axel tube with 80/140 Limited slip fluid. f it still whining like in the video, probably worn out input pinion bearing. These carts brake through the Diff and put tremendous strain on the input pinion bearing. Good luck.
Sarge50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 09:39 PM   #5
jbrzezinski14
Not Yet Wild

It does exactly 20 mph, stock sized tires. Stock gears.

There is a warranty on the cart and since I just bought it, I had the dealer pick it up today to work on it. I, more or less, wanted to know if I had a case to stand fast as they tried to tell me it's naturally louder than other carts when they dropped it off. Based on what I've read and seen, there's no way this is normal.

The dealer came out to get it and asked to drive it a bit to get an idea of what the issue is....drove it about 5 feet before he stopped and said it's some kind of bearing. I'll update this later this week as to which one it ended up being, but I'm guessing he'll start cheap with the input shaft bearing and work his way up from there.

That being said, if the volume gets turned down, I'll be over the moon with this cart. Very impressed with it so far.

John
Old 02-25-2014, 09:44 PM   #6
jbrzezinski14
Not Yet Wild

Hey Kernal, just saw you're in Peachtree City. I'm in Reunion Country Club in Hoschton. Good to see a local!

John
Old 02-26-2014, 07:15 AM   #7
Jd62
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Sound good ! Keep us update
Old 02-26-2014, 09:25 AM   #8
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrzezinski14 View Post
Hey Kernal, just saw you're in Peachtree City. I'm in Reunion Country Club in Hoschton. Good to see a local!

John
Been to the Chateau a few times. Are you golf cart friendly up there?
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 11:30 AM   #9
jbrzezinski14
Not Yet Wild

Chateau and Reunion are...the rest of the area is getting on board quick too. They're building several miles of golf cart paths next to the roads up here right now leading to shopping centers and restaurants. Should be fun...
Old 02-26-2014, 12:53 PM   #10
Jd62
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrzezinski14 View Post
Chateau and Reunion are...the rest of the area is getting on board quick too. They're building several miles of golf cart paths next to the roads up here right now leading to shopping centers and restaurants. Should be fun...
You are so lucky,, i can't put a tire in the street here, the people live next to me complain about golf cart
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO