lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-21-2014, 04:15 PM   #1
richieap
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default my Medalist build agian after 7 years

new batteries 8 6 volt , relocated controller , new painted plastic body , ordered lightseasy kit and Johnnybs volt meter , I custom made new cables with 2/0 welding cable , modified the stock controller heat sink and mated controller and heat sink with heat transfer compound , still need to finish mounting the cowl and install the stereo and speaker pods
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cart 001.jpg (223.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg cart 002.jpg (265.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg cart 004.jpg (282.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg cart 011.jpg (363.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg cart 009.jpg (401.2 KB, 0 views)
richieap is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-21-2014, 04:16 PM   #2
richieap
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: my Medalist build agian after 7 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by richieap View Post
new batteries 8 6 volt , relocated controller , new painted plastic body , ordered lightseasy kit and Johnnybs volt meter , I custom made new cables with 2/0 welding cable , modified the stock controller heat sink and mated controller and heat sink with heat transfer compound , still need to finish mounting the cowl and install the stereo and speaker pods
i did however have to remove the chargeing port , due to battery conflict , not sure where i will install it yet
Old 03-21-2014, 06:05 PM   #3
vagabond
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

looking good
vagabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 06:31 PM   #4
Jd62
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Nice project !!!!!
Jd62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 06:52 PM   #5
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

I didn't have to remove my charger port, and even had room to place a30 amp reducer between the battery and charger port. Maybe you can shift your battery farther back?
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 08:29 PM   #6
Olman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Really looking good Rich. I'm still a holdout with the metal body. You are not making it easy though.
Olman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 09:49 PM   #7
richieap
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
I didn't have to remove my charger port, and even had room to place a30 amp reducer between the battery and charger port. Maybe you can shift your battery farther back?
i couldnt find a suitable battery bracket , with these tall batteries the posts were right next to the metal frame rail under the seat edge , I decided to go with battery boxs ,with no lids and installed them so the edges were to the edge of the main frame rail , doing this had to move them forward to keep the batteries level , any further back the frame rail curves upward , it works , I have something up my sleeve to cover the hole i cut for the charge port and will probably move it to the back panel ,once the rear seat is installed it will be under it
Old 03-22-2014, 05:30 AM   #8
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

One thing to double check is clearance between you motor and controller. I mounted my controller similar to yours, but with four riders, the motor bumped up against the controller. HD springs and spacers to raise the controller solved my problem. You can also rotate the motor, to move the terminals from facing the controller.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 08:54 AM   #9
richieap
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
One thing to double check is clearance between you motor and controller. I mounted my controller similar to yours, but with four riders, the motor bumped up against the controller. HD springs and spacers to raise the controller solved my problem. You can also rotate the motor, to move the terminals from facing the controller.
thanks Ill double check the clearance , I should be ok with the 4 inch block lift , but better safe then sorry
Old 03-22-2014, 09:03 AM   #10
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Looks Good
FYI - I was able to keep the charge receptacle in the same place just by flipping it over. It angles down a bit - flipping it made it angle up and it just cleared my extra tall T-145 battery with a little shaving on the receptacle housing.

PS
Looks like you need a solenoid upgrade
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO