lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-13-2014, 02:44 PM   #1
chriskent85
Gone Wild

Question PDS throttle problem.

I just picked up an 08 PDS and tested it out for the first time before I tear it apart for paint and lift. I put it in forward and push throttle all the way to floor and nothing. Let off some and it takes off and doesn't stop even with throttle up. It does control speed some with throttle. I have to take it out of gear for the cart to stop. Any ideas.
chriskent85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-13-2014, 03:28 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: PDS throttle problem.

Water in the ITS or the ITS harness connectors is one GOOD possibility.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 03:47 PM   #3
chriskent85
Gone Wild

Also when I'm driving it and push the throttle all the way to the floor it cuts out and starts back up when I let off the throttle some.
Old 09-15-2014, 06:58 AM   #4
radioman
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskent85 View Post
Also when I'm driving it and push the throttle all the way to the floor it cuts out and starts back up when I let off the throttle some.
See scottyb's post #2 above.
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 09:38 AM   #5
chriskent85
Gone Wild

So i looked in the ITS box and it was clean as a wistle. the only think i seen was the micro switch was broke. had no arm on it. Would that cause this issue? I have another switch on the way. I would think with a broke switch i wouldn't run at all.
Old 09-25-2014, 11:38 AM   #6
radioman
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

If the switch is the proper one it has a normally closed contact arrangement. If the switch lever with the cam is missing yes it would run. The correct switch has a normally closed contact and is held open when the pedal is at rest by the lever. When the pedal is pressed the switch goes to normal (closed) and the solenoid goes click and is ready to run. With this bad switch solenoid probably goes click when you switch it on and cart an take off without warning. If the broke part is not in the pedal box somebody been in there before you. I suspect you still have another problem with corrosion and/or moisture in the 4 pin molex connector (maybe the reason it was for sale). Trace the cable from the pedal box to the controller. Somewhere under the seat you should find this small connector in line with four wires in it, a black and white wire (from the ITS) and a green and red wire (the pedal switch). CHECK THIS CABLE CONNECTOR FOR MOISTURE AND CORROSION. After this connector the wires mate to the controller J4. You have a potential dangerous situation with the cart taking off without warning and running over somebody or something. Make sure the cart is jacked up and secured from moving. If you are not sure what you are doing you need to get someone to work with you.
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 03:56 PM   #7
chriskent85
Gone Wild

I just tested it and the solenoid doesnt kick on until the pedel is pressed in all the way and let off some. And then the solenoid doesnt shut off until you turn the key off or if you push the throttle all the way down for about 2 seconds then it cuts off
Old 09-25-2014, 03:58 PM   #8
chriskent85
Gone Wild

only connection i see is where the wires connect to the itc and micro switch and there isn't any inline connectors. other end plugs into controller and there is no corrosion anywhere nor sign of any water ever being in there.
Old 09-25-2014, 04:10 PM   #9
chriskent85
Gone Wild

Its a bad ITS. Pulled on off another cart i had here and it drive fine now
Old 09-25-2014, 05:25 PM   #10
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskent85 View Post
Its a bad ITS. Pulled on off another cart i had here and it drive fine now
I think you fixed something you didn't see... but glad it's working.

Possible a bad ITS was locking the controller out in safety HPD mode...
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO