lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-06-2020, 03:16 PM   #11
Jbounds
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: ‘95 DS 48v..won’t move with new batteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooncarter View Post
Glad you got it running.

No you do not need the OBC. It is only needed for the factory charger. But the factory charger will no longer work. You now need a regular "smart charger" to charge the batteries.
I looked at the OBC bypass but I didn’t see one for my year it looked like it was for the newer carts. What is involved in setting up the smart charger? Any extra wiring? And would you possibly have a preference for smart chargers?
Jbounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-06-2020, 06:42 PM   #12
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbounds View Post
I looked at the OBC bypass but I didn’t see one for my year it looked like it was for the newer carts. What is involved in setting up the smart charger? Any extra wiring? And would you possibly have a preference for smart chargers?
In your previous post you said you had bypassed the OBC. Now I am confused.

Have you bypassed the OBC or not?
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 06:44 PM   #13
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbounds View Post
Hey! Me again lol. Got my parts today and installed new micro switches. After installing I also found key switch was bad. So to continue my diagnosis of why it doesn’t move I bypassed it’s. I tested the solenoid and motor etc. last step was to bypass the OBC. Well I bypassed it and low and behold it moves in F & R. So next question is. Do I need the OBC to run this this around? Will be used at a campground or around my block? I haven’t done a ton of research on it yet just wanted to get the ball rolling.
Did you bypass the OBC?
Old 06-06-2020, 07:26 PM   #14
Jbounds
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Did you bypass the OBC?
I know I said I bypassed it but it was just a quick jumper wire as the diagnostics told me to use one. It is not the correct way to do it and all the wires are still going through the OBC. So realistically No I have not bypassed it. But technically it’s redneck bypassed 😂
Old 06-06-2020, 08:35 PM   #15
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

When you plug in the charger does it work?
Old 06-06-2020, 10:39 PM   #16
Jbounds
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
When you plug in the charger does it work?
I currently don’t have a charger for the cart. We bought it without a charger or batteries. So we are just winging it I suppose lol. First golf cart we have owned.
Old 06-06-2020, 10:41 PM   #17
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

OK. So your intention is to bypass and remove the OBC? I think that is a good idea since you do not already have a charger.
Old 06-07-2020, 06:50 AM   #18
Jbounds
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
OK. So your intention is to bypass and remove the OBC? I think that is a good idea since you do not already have a charger.
Yes it is. I believe I have a pretty good idea of what to do now. But there are a bunch more wires to the OBC and the negative goes through it. So I’m not too sure about the removal part I don’t want to screw anything up. I see there is a red and brown and the brown goes to the battery light so I’m assuming I won’t have that anymore? And the red looks easy enough to just take off of the solenoid. Would I just remove the tiny black wire that follows the bigger neg cable to the controller? And I would have to replace the big neg cable as well correct? If I can remove it it would be nice just to get it out of the way seeing as it won’t serve a purpose anymore.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg B1FC45DD-1D0F-4A81-866E-1036815A3987.jpeg (145.6 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car