lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-07-2020, 08:40 AM   #1
Raylance
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Need Advice on next step

I currently own a 2009 Rxv. I bought it 5 years ago and never had a problem until last summer. Sometimes when turning the key on it would not move. It was very intermittent and I was always able to get it going. Now this spring I am having a new problem. The cart doesn't run super long. I believe it needs new batteries being these are 5 years old. I ran wires to my multimeter so I could moniter the voltage while driving. I witnessed the batteries drop down to 43.8 volts under hard acceleration then pop back up to 49v once moving.

Eventually the cart stops but the meter still reads 50+ volts and the cart will not go. If I leave it sit for an hour or so it will get going again but usually I have to rock it back and forth. Then it might surge a little and then it will run again like nothing was wrong. I know this has the older problematic controller.

So... I really don't want to mess with this cart and am thinking I might just upgrade to something newer. I mostly use this in this campgrounds and pull it behind my motorhome. Which is the main reason for the upgrade. I need something very reliable or it will ruin my family's vacations.

What is a good reliable cart to get? Are the new RXV's good? Is the new Yamaha better? Club Car? I am also considering looking at the street legal carts.
Raylance is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-07-2020, 09:32 AM   #2
Chevota Guy
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Need Advice on next step

I was originally looking at a new Club Car Onward, but decided on a refurbished RXV mainly due to the AC drive system. A dishonest dealer told me mine was a 2015, but it turned out to be a 2010 with the old Danaher controller, but it runs just fine and I wouldn't trade my cart just because of the old controller if it just needed new batteries.

I think all of the current offerings from Club Car, EZ-GO and Yamaha are good reliable carts.

If you have really enjoyed your RXV, EZ-GO offers a street legal 2Five model that has 4 wheel hydraulic disk brakes that might be worth a test drive.

One other thing.......I've had times when turning the key, the cart wouldn't move. I immediately thought that it might be the controller. Turns out I had a unique key switch installed and it is VERY sensitive to key position. If out of the FNR detents just a hair, it won't move. I'm thinking it may be a cheap non-OEM switch.
Chevota Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO