lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-31-2020, 11:31 AM   #1
Pizzle
Not Yet Wild

Default Ezgo series cart troubleshooting

Have a late 90s 36v ezgo series cart. New trojans 2 years ago, good batteries hold high state of charge and load test good. Cart is daily driven. Buddie went to back it out of garage and got nothing. Checked voltage, voltage is good. Back up beeper comes on but not getting any click on solenoid. He ordered new solenoid and replace ans trill has nothing.

Is there a fuse somewhere in line or possibly micro switch that is not sending signal to engage solenoid?

Only thing he mentioned was that it did it once before but they turned it of and on a few times and it worked. Possible ignition switch went bad?
Pizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-31-2020, 02:09 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Ezgo series cart troubleshooting

Pedal switch gets the most use and is often the first to go, but the reed switch is fragile so it can break at any time.

MS-2 on the F/R switch assembly is the third suspect.

Attached is schematic with solenoid activation circuit highlighted.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Wiring Diagram - Series with KSI traced.JPG (58.9 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 06:59 AM   #3
mfinnegan
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizzle View Post
Have a late 90s 36v ezgo series cart. New trojans 2 years ago, good batteries hold high state of charge and load test good. Cart is daily driven. Buddie went to back it out of garage and got nothing. Checked voltage, voltage is good. Back up beeper comes on but not getting any click on solenoid. He ordered new solenoid and replace ans trill has nothing.

Is there a fuse somewhere in line or possibly micro switch that is not sending signal to engage solenoid?

Only thing he mentioned was that it did it once before but they turned it of and on a few times and it worked. Possible ignition switch went bad?
sounds like the same situation i was in, it was the pedal microswitch in my case. Good luck!
mfinnegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 09:05 AM   #4
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

I had same problem and it was a loose connection at controller. Nut was tight but when I put a wrench on it, it turn just a little (not even a quarter turn). Haven't had a problem since. A cart that old, I would go through EVERY connection and check for bad connections, corroded wires/cables/connectors. Actually put a wrench on each one before spending bunch of money on parts. Then start with stickies on testing different components.
Bama Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 02:22 PM   #5
Pizzle
Not Yet Wild

Thank you for the reply. All main wiring was upgraded to 4g cables from motor, had switch and batteries. I will look to test the micro switch. I suppose the pds/dcs switches is different than the series from what I can tell. I suspect I could bypass the switch to activate the solenoid to confirm switch. I will continue to read more. Thank u all
Old 09-01-2020, 02:39 PM   #6
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Put your head on the floorboard or close to it between the accelerator pedal and body of cart...(key switch off in case it tries to run) in a quiet place and press pedal down slowly...you should hear a faint click from the microswitch...no click...no go...now clicking doesn't always mean working however if you do hear click I would focus more on the key switch and check for power there first...your back-up buzzer working tells me your reed switch is most likely fine...
camaroluvz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 03:03 PM   #7
Pizzle
Not Yet Wild

Okay that is a great idea
Old 09-02-2020, 07:05 AM   #8
mfinnegan
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizzle View Post
I suspect I could bypass the switch to activate the solenoid to confirm switch. I will continue to read more. Thank u all
I did that. i just ran a wire from the batteries to the solenoid to make it click, I think I only used 12V, then pressed the go pedal and it went. Ran it like that for a week (taking out the wire when I was done) until the new switch came in.
mfinnegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO