lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-28-2020, 04:36 AM   #1
Json707
Not Yet Wild

Mixed Breed

Angry 2008 Western - Randomly stalls out but goes again right away (no wait)

So when I first got the cart (Jan 2020) it would only stall out when the voltage was low. I just (10/5/2020) got new Trojans T-875 batteries (48v) and now the **** thing does it all the time regardless of voltage. Charges overnight to 51 volts. But it **** near locks up the motor and rear tires to a full skid when I'm moving along at full throttle. Soon as it comes to complete stop, release accelerator then depress again and she goes right as day. This recently happened 7 times in 1 mile trip.

I do not hear any clicks from the solenoid during accelerating when it stalls.
It can happen while depressing the pedal (variable position) and just while maintaining full speed (single wide open position). On bumpy roads or on flat.

I've checked the speed sensor (IQ style, with small round washer like magnet held on by one screw in the middle.) mounted on the side of the motor with 2 screws. I've checked it for breaks in the magnet or anything out of the ordinary, I did find some small build up of metals which I cleaned it out and reinstalled sensor

I've also checked for loose wires in on the solenoid for which I found a couple electrical fittings that were a little loose and wiggly, I squeezed them and reinstalled to make the connection tight again.

Tested and still happening. I'm not wanting to throw money at a bunch of new parts but I'm at a loss right now and that seems to be my only option without the help of the BGW group here.

So far with my limited knowledge and browsing this entire site searching for keywords "stalls" "stalling" and weeding through the gas vs electrical issues I feel it has to be one of these...

-F/R switch or wiring connections to it
can't seem to find how to remove without taking whole dash apart.

-Solenoid
is there a better solenoid to purchase? MZJ400A? do I need resistors &
diodes too? how would I know?

-Accelerator Pedal Switch or ITS sensor
Can't seem to find a way to get to it either as the carpet is tucked under
riveted door sills with built in velcro, i'm assuming for a rain cover.

-Tow switch
would it lock up the motor if tow switch was bad and during driving and
dis-engaged then re-engaged?

-Controller is a Curtis Sepex and I was told they are bulletproof?

Now fixing the **** thing is priority #1 but making it go faster would be ideal as well. So if I gotta buy a new part or parts I would rather buy upgrade stuff to increase performance and if possible longevity. Previously the cart maxed out at 18mph... after new batteries I was getting closer to 20mph, 21 if I held it floored for long time. Pretty sure my Delta Q 912-4800 charger is dying as it keeps telling me (flashing on 1 amp indicator) manual states that the charger is overheating. New charger (same but newest model) on order for $300 from local Battery service store.

Appreciate anyone and everyones help and input... to help save me time & money by telling me what to test or how to test, so I buy only parts needed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5101.jpg (335.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5100.jpg (307.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5306.jpg (304.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5358.jpg (316.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5362.jpg (287.2 KB, 0 views)
Json707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-28-2020, 07:14 PM   #2
Json707
Not Yet Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: 2008 Western - Randomly stalls out but goes again right away (no wait)

32 views and no replies.
Hmmm
Old 10-29-2020, 12:24 AM   #3
Json707
Not Yet Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: 2008 Western - Randomly stalls out but goes again right away (no wait)

fixed it. Thanks for everyones help. This forum is dead. Seems only ppl here are ones with problems, SCOTTY B is a lost cause and non existent as well.
Old 10-29-2020, 08:31 AM   #4
cdressel
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Yeah, the guys who try to help help are paid big bucks to monitor this site every waking minute. Sorry one of them couldn't help during your problem of 20 hours duration. Get a dictionary and look up 'patience'. You might also research what the word volunteer means.
Chuck
cdressel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 01:30 AM   #5
turbo300
Not Yet Wild

what was it? you can help others with your follow-up
turbo300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2020, 06:28 PM   #6
Json707
Not Yet Wild

Mixed Breed

Ask chuck he seems to have a lot to say
Old 11-08-2020, 02:37 PM   #7
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Jeez Bro, turn that avatar of yours right back to yourself and beat it. The people that didn’t reply probably didn’t know how to help you. Your unwillingness to say what you did to get it fixed says a lot about you.
orangeman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2023, 06:24 PM   #8
larkey G29
Not Yet Wild

Please share what you did to fix it as I am having the same issue
Thanks!
larkey G29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2023, 06:25 PM   #9
larkey G29
Not Yet Wild

Share what you did I need help!
Thanks!
larkey G29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO