lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-29-2020, 10:09 PM   #1
John Boi
Not Yet Wild

Default CC Bent frame

Hey everyone, I have been strong here for a while, just never posted. However, now I am stumped.

I got a 2001 CC from a friend that wanted it out of his garage. I took it and put batteries in it. While driving, the steering is hard to turn sometimes. As you’re turning is hard easy hard easy hard easy. I took the front off and bought a new steering box. That didn’t fix it.

Well digging deeper, I found that whoever had it before my buddy, hit something very hard on the driver side. Everything in the front is tweaked in the frame is bent. I’m trying to figure out what is best to do with this card. Do I try to bend the frame back, do I put it back together the way it is and sell it, or do I fix it and make it mine? You can see in the image that I have attached, how the frame is bent about a half inch. Both I-beams are bent the same way.

Any info would be greatly appreciated, as I would really like to keep the cart.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg A75B60AE-FD45-44D2-A7D0-28BFEA2ED50A.jpg (18.6 KB, 0 views)
John Boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-30-2020, 10:57 AM   #2
fletcher9000
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: CC Bent frame

Talk to an (auto) frame straightening shop. Likely not worth the price... but can't hurt.
fletcher9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 11:57 AM   #3
rowlands57
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: CC Bent frame

Quote:
Originally Posted by fletcher9000 View Post
Talk to an (auto) frame straightening shop. Likely not worth the price... but can't hurt.
Was thinking the same thing, a body shop with a frame jig. You may get lucky and get a decent price to pull them back into alignment.
rowlands57 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bent, frame
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car