lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-30-2020, 05:18 PM   #1
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Parasitic draw?

I’ve got a 2008 DS. It’s 48v IQ cart.

Does anyone know off hand what “normal” parasitic draw should be? I’ve got about 160-170mA in the run position and about 80mA in the tow position.

This reading is while it’s parked, key off, charger unplugged for a half day or more sitting in my garage. I do have a light kit and underbody light kit installed on a 48v>12v converter but I installed a 15A fuse between the pack + and the positive input to the converter. My draw readings are with the fuse removed.

I’ve been having issues with it having a lower than expected state of charge after it sits for a week or so. Been reading around 50.0V after a week of sitting.

Last weekend I disconnected all the wires off the pack + terminal and it’s
Still holding 50.93v after sitting all week. That’s almost a full volt dropped as it sits (plugged in, but apparently not dipping low enough for the charger to kick back on by itself).

I’m not much of a sparky guy but I do really like this cart a ton. Just trying to understand if this is normal draw or if I have something funny going on.
CP241 is online now   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-31-2020, 01:57 PM   #2
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: Parasitic draw?

Does anyone have a stock IQ DS they can check and compare?
Old 10-31-2020, 06:34 PM   #3
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Seems pretty normal to me. There is always a small amount of draw by the controller and the OBC.
Hard to say, I’ve never really checked any of mine after sitting for a week. Mine either get used every day, or they go 3+ months without being touched except to move them into the shop to charge them on occasion.

Batteries seem plenty healthy by those numbers. The OBC only triggers a maintenance charge cycle every 15 days.
If you have some smart charger the maintenance interval will vary based on the charger.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 07:09 PM   #4
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Thanks, I’m just curious what the spec actually should be.

I’m used to the automotive world. Most cars (with 20-30 computers in them nowadays) average around 15mA. General rule of thumb is anything over 50mA is a red flag. So I’m seeing almost 200mA seems high to me, but I may just be overthinking it
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car