lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-31-2020, 12:19 PM   #1
EZGO_N_TAHOE
Not Yet Wild

Default Should I go to disk brakes???

Ok, so I had a stripped hub on my 96 EZGO TXT...In the process of getting that stuck brake drum off (2hours) I managed to nuke the left bake assembly....So i figure while everything is off, I might as well go to disk brakes. Do you all agree? If so what brand? Ausco? Jakes? Where is the best place to buy them/ ScottyB doesn't sell Ausco anymore. Or should I just buy a new stock brake assembly? Ball park on what price I will be paying for these? I have a Jakes Long Travel suspension on my cart with 12" wheels with 2" spacers in the rear. Please let me know what all I will need and where to buy.....Thanks in advance!
EZGO_N_TAHOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-31-2020, 12:51 PM   #2
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: Should I go to disk brakes???

The Jakes front disc kit with good stock rear drum brakes would work fantastic. If you put disc on the front, they will do 70% of your stopping, so you don't need the rear disc if you don't want the added expense. If money is no object, go hydraulic disc on all 4.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 03:44 PM   #3
Rodger's Rides
Totally Bonkers!

Mixed Breed

I gor hydraulic disk on front and rears. When mash the brake pedal, the cart squats and if I mash it too hard, all four wheels will lock up. Left more than one tire mark while stopping. Disk brakes are the way to go.
Rodger's Rides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 05:36 PM   #4
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Plus with disc brakes you will stop straight. It won't try to swap ends on you.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 07:10 PM   #5
DaveTM
Gone Wild

I've been running with Jakes front disc and factory rear drums on my EZ-GO for ten years. I hunt and traverse mud, wet grass, gravel roads and steep hills. I've never had an instance where the cart wanted to swap ends during a stop.

If the cart is swapping ends on a hard brake, maybe the drums or one of the drums is locking up?

Swapping ends can get real scary real fast.

FWIW
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO