lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-24-2011, 09:13 AM   #31
Colbyntx
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 97 Regen convertion?

Yes, Guys like David are a great resource here! He helped me get all my wires right before I fried something on my conversion. I stripped out all my wires, OBC, 2 solenoids, controller ect and started over. I was so worried about the rewire, I had the parts about 6 months before I went after the build and it stayed 110 degrees for over 2 months. Thanks David and all the other who really help out and don't talk down to us who are electrically challanged!
Colbyntx is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-25-2011, 08:29 AM   #32
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: 97 Regen convertion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by clueless1 View Post
David, I finally got her all together! She runs like a raped ape! Clocked it at about 30 mph on a paved road (to fast). It does have plenty torque now too! I ended up useing a programable DCX Altrax controller so I'll try and reduce the max speed. It's just stupid fast. I don't want any one rolling it. (Son or his friends). You were right on the V-glide; it is a little jerky, If I come into some extra cabage sometime I'll invest in a mcor. As of now though I've spent my allowance for the next 6 months; guess I won't be fishing much for a while! One other thing the F/R switch was different. The old one for regen 1 had five or six posts the new one only three and I had to trim the rocker a little to rock in the housing. Thanks so very much! I was great to actually have someone help me that I was confident they knew what they were talking about! Once again You're on my if I ever win the lottery list.
Glad it all worked out! About the F&R, sounds like you received a Precedent F&R switch. No big deal, same internals, just a little bit wider rocker. The old Regen2 switch was what they call a double-pole. It's like two switches in one. It had 6 posts, 3 and 3, both sides switch separately. For IQ applications you just use either set of 3 and leave the other side blank. And yeah.... bring on the lotto winnings!
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car