lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-23-2013, 06:32 AM   #1
monepit
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Charging problem

Hey guys, I need some advise. My charger won't kick on. I went to charge it last night and nothing. I just completed a total mod of the cart last night. Everything's done but she won't charge. It still runs fine. Pack voltage is at 49.6. Just no click in the charger when it's plugged in. One thing, when I was installing the new dash, I accidentally hooked up the wire for the battery charge idiot light t o the buzzer, it buzzed real quietly for a second and I realized my mistake and removed it and put the right wire on it. I hope I didn't fry the obc but I don't know. Any help on troubleshooting would be appreciated. It charged fine last time I plugged it in.
monepit is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-23-2013, 07:28 AM   #2
caokgafamily
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Charging problem

Monepit,

I have issue's sometimes with my charger(s) on every problem I've had it's been as simple as the cord conection to the charger or garbage/debri in the plug hole on the cart. Just a thought.
Good luck...
Steve
caokgafamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 01:46 PM   #3
monepit
Getting Wild
Club Car

Problem solved. Thanks to the stickies I checked the wiring diagram for my cart and apparently when I changed the body I had to remove the charge port. For some reason I ran the red wire to the negative side of the pack instead of the positive. Rookie mistake. I haven't been home to fix it and see if it hurt anything but looking at the diagram both charge port wires were just hooked to the neg side so hopefully it didn't hurt the obc. We'll see.
Old 04-24-2013, 11:28 AM   #4
monepit
Getting Wild
Club Car

Update. I put the red wire on the right post last night and everything worked fine. Thank God. I didn't want to replace an obc.
Old 04-24-2013, 01:10 PM   #5
nobogez42
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by monepit View Post
Update. I put the red wire on the right post last night and everything worked fine. Thank God. I didn't want to replace an obc.
nobogez42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car