lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-13-2014, 04:56 PM   #1
1970buick
Gone Wild

Default Any idea on value?

2005 gas ezgo beverage cart with hot and cold storage. Any idea on value?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bev.jpg (36.0 KB, 0 views)
1970buick is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-13-2014, 05:50 PM   #2
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Any idea on value?

Looked at 2 of them this summer, basically they're MPT 1200's with the food center instead of a dump bed and are called "Oasis" carts. One was $2600 asking price, the other was either $2k or $2200 - I didn't buy either and the last time I drove to Madison (maybe 4 weeks ago) one was still sitting where it was when I looked at it in May or June, so obviously nobody else bought it either (it was in decent condition and ran well, just too much hassle to try and find a used dump bed and no WAY I was spending a grand on a new one plus all the mounts, latch kit, tailgate, etc) ...

Any complete, running MPT1200 around here is worth $2000-2500, so figure if You can get the cart and what would be needed to restore it to an actually "saleable" cart will give You a value, personally I'd say no more than $2k if everything is REAL nice (low hrs, no rust, dings, damage, etc)
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 06:00 PM   #3
1970buick
Gone Wild

I was kind of thinking the same thing. They are asking $2k and they think that is a bargain. It would be cool to have this to do some stuff to and have at the campground but 2 grand is a lot for something that is a novelty. Might have to wait and see if it sits and they will take less.
Old 11-13-2014, 06:23 PM   #4
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

the Oasis system is easy to remove (although they are VERY heavy) - they bolt down in 2 places behind the seat and 2 more at the rear frame ... The biggest drag with trying to turn it back into an MPT/Workhorse is that EZGO only sells the original parts "Ala carte" meaning bed, tailgate, tailgate stays, latch system, hinges, etc - well over a grand even if You wait for them to run one of their 20% off specials.

On the upside, that's as heavy-duty as EZGO's get under there in regards to suspension, clutch, etc so it *is* a good base for a project. I thought long and hard about doing some kind of cool flatbed cart with one, but just couldn't see it being marketable and didn't have a huge use for a flatbed when I already have 2 Workhorses and a trailer. I would think a nice aluminum and diamondplate bed wouldn't cost a ton to have fabbed up (maybe $400 or less if You did it yourself) so if something custom like that would be up your alley, then again, that's a great chassis to start with
Old 11-13-2014, 08:23 PM   #5
1970buick
Gone Wild

Wow, you know your stuff! What size engine did it have? I bought a broken down workhorse from a guy last winter and he still has the dump bed in his shop. He offered it up for $200 when I bought the workhorse to piece out.
Old 11-14-2014, 05:40 PM   #6
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

the Oasis were almost exclusively the 350cc with the 28 degree driven clutch ... And as to the bed, if it's the old style metal one (pre-2003 I believe) that's about right (maybe a touch high) for a used one, if it's a plastic one and it's clean that's a STEAL. You'd likely still have to get the hinge assemblies (the Oasis doesn't have em and rarely do they come off a cart with the box) but they're one of the lower-cost pieces of the puzzle.
Old 11-15-2014, 09:15 AM   #7
nobuckbuild
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

MY car was an oasis missing the box but still had the frame which i cut down for a flatbed but its now a lifted vtwin cart in my avitar, would i spend 2k to buy one to do what i did to this cart no , but the stock motor and bev box could be sold to cut cost down but not that much . but it is crazy heavy duty.
nobuckbuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 09:48 AM   #8
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

When I was doing the research on the Oasis carts ,i was finding the boxes are out there and are surprisingly common, about $100-200 for the box and soft canopy, about $50 more if it has the hardtop (like the one in the pic above) ... And I agree that the WH platform is GREAT for doing a Big Block conversion, there is a ton of room in there as well as the longer wheelbase really helps with handling, etc, better driven clutch, etc. There's a 99 Workhorse sitting where I pick up a lot of my carts, it's blown up (as are most of them, LOL) but actually a nice clean starting point for a total redo - I can probably grab it for around $5-600 and keep thinking about maybe doing a BB conversion, I just have a hard time justifying the cost of long-travel kits fore and aft, the costs of having a decent engine (milling, rockers, springs, rods, carb, etc - sure can add up fast if You want to spin at any decent RPM's safely and consistently) not to mention speed gears, wheels and tires, etc, paint, seats ... At that point it becomes a tough call, do You spend the $ and time to have a really nice cart, or just pop the same money (or even possibly a bit less) for a nice 4X4 Prowler that already does 60mph, more suspension, more power, 4wd, etc.

Aaah, who am I trying to kid - ANYONE can buy a Prowler, LOL .... The cart always wins :)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO